Top 10 Thai Musical Acts

MooNoi

Am just in the very learning stage with Thai artists, but what I do know is that the young female artists sound and look like honey, oh so lovely. Call me biased, but the girls can evoke a love-song like no-one else. Have some average streaming Thai mp3's online to listen to if you need to chill out while surfing.

Streaming Thai music

Works great on any broadband connection.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am just in the very learning stage with Thai artists, but what I do know is that the young female artists sound and look like honey, oh so lovely.

Yes they are!

Mostly luuk-khreungs (half-Thai/half-farang) so they have a head-start in the looks department there!

If you want a couple of good Thai albums to start you off, then I suggest "The Red Album" by LOSO, "Smile Club" by Tongchai, and "Motorcy Haang" by Rock Salaeng. And anything by Carabao. Most Thai people will know a few songs from each of the above, and, they're great albums too.

I think I have a couple of spare copies floating around, so I'll try and bring some for you to the Sydney meeting and you can have them. (They're only 150B each in Thailand, so no skin of my nose! - And mine's a schooner of New!)

:beer::up:

Don't limit yourself listening to the warblings of pretty half thai girls whose looks more than likely outweigh any talent they may have.I cannot think of one I would listen to with the exception of Beau Sunita.You might find that lukrung, luktung and morlam music have a bit more depth and contain a bit more of the thai spirit woven into their songs than frothy string pop. I find almost all string music akin to torture and don't stay anywhere unless I have to when the racket comes on. Good job we all like different things I guess.-peter

She is one of the top three luktung singers along with Sunaree and Yui Yatt Yerr. She has five albums I think not counting collections and those with other singers. Jai orn and Ab rak khow are her best known recent songs. Although she made a string CD years ago she has only been singing luktung for about five years. She studied very hard to get her degree about three years back and is very well respected by the high and mighty as a good role model for young gals, she got an award for this as well as best female luktung singer two years ago. I've seen her 4 times, she told me she loved me once, but I'm told she goes out with a policeman so you better behave yourself!-peter

see http://www.geocities.com/amityofrain/ sort of unofficial website when it's working (why are so many thai sites complete fuck ups?) Last time I looked only index page coming up, does have some nice pics. Fon was on the TV when she was a kid and a bit of modelling also, think she had a nose job. Shes from Udon, never saw anyone as good looking there though. A bloke on nanapong used to live in the same condo as her so I asked him to waylay her and get a list of concerts one time. If you are ever near siam sq soi 4 will bring you to sure audio where you can buy CD's at a discount, might even see fon there!-peter

Any of you colonials know place called Bundaberg? I think its up the coast from melbourne, my sister just moved there-peter

Yeah... you COULD say its up the coast from Melbourne... but about 2500km "up the coast"!!

Its actually north of Brisbane, and home of the famous Bundaberg Rum. A lot of sugar grown up that way too.

ArtieW would be the board member who lives closest I would say.

Nice and warm up there at this time of year. I'm sitting here shivering in 14 degrees in Melbourne every day, and they're up there in about 26 degrees!!! (About the only reason I'd live there over here though, the weather. A nice place but not a huge range of things to do).

FlyP

Archived