Thai girl to England on holiday?

A Thai girl I know has said that she wants to come to London on holiday, to see what its like. She works in a gogo bar in NEP, she has worked there for approx 18 months and is not short of money, paying for her own ticket.

She is quite unusual in that she has an interest in architecture and wants to see some famous old buildings, I'm not joking.

Whats the process for this, I am happy to put her up and feed and water her whilst she is here.

Advice needed

I'm no expert but I have heard it said Thai girls travelling alone are less likely to get a visa.

My friend says the authorities are worried she is being brought in by a sponsor to work in a life of prostitution.

It would be better if she could show she had been earning her living away from prostitution and that she has a reason to return to Thailand like family ties and maybe money in the bank.

On a personal note I hope she is able to visit and I think it's good of you to offer to look after her.

I'd love to bring a Thai girl back to the UK to show her a different view on life.

Good luck mate.

Tell her that South Australia is much warmer than England and the old buildings are great also.

We also have a few well known night houses such as Stormy's.

If she needs to work in a go go, we have lots of them too.

(Or is it that the pound is bigger in the exchange office?)

Spirit,

I too will be interested to know how you go on.

I intend to do the same in summer, although my g/f does not work in the bars, and I intend to travel back with her (Can you imagine trying to negotiate Heathrow on your own, first time outside thailand, and can't read English?).

Incedently, you can download the neccessary forms, info from the UK Immigration site

quote:

Originally posted by seasider:

I intend to do the same in summer, although my g/f does not work in the bars, and I intend to travel back with her (Can you imagine trying to negotiate Heathrow on your own, first time outside thailand, and can't read English?).

Incedently, you can download the neccessary forms, info from the UK Immigration site

Suggest that yourself and Spirit sign up with the Thailand_uk yahoogroup and have a good look through the archives. Then, if you still have any questions, someone WILL know the answers. There is a wealth of experience in this group.

The 'Files' section also has all the necessary documents ready to download.

LG

Thanks for the advice so far, I'm going to your site now Phil and will look at the yahoo group.

If I can't invite her over I will be very pissed off, its fundamentally unfair to deny people the opportunity to invite their friends over, its also insulting to Thai people.

She probably earns more than a UK immigration officer.

I know she has visited Germany, she said it was quite straight forward to get a "shengen visa"

Archived