Show up at interview or not??

quote:

Originally posted by billyb6677:

Hi guys..was just wondering if could get some insight on WHAT questions they do ask the her....The GF is going next week ,and i was just wondering....thanx BB

They'll ask her what you do for a living, where you met, etc. They are basically just trying to establish that there is an actual relationship, and this isn't an arranged or mail-order-bride marriage. I believe they also want to make sure her story corresponds with what you put on the application. The last time I did it the interview was conducted by an American, in Thai. Took all of 5 minutes.

billyb6677 --

PakWaan is right, they will ask (only a few questions) and they will either be "straight forward" types...example: "Where did you meet your fiancee?" or "What is your birthdate".. these are a 'gimme' as it's only a matter of knowing EXACTLY what YOU submitted on YOUR forms...

The other type of question I've seen used is a "leading" question. such as "What state does your fiancee live in now?" or "Tell me what type of job does your fiancee have?"..

Although this info is also on some of your forms it is easier to "trip" up on these questions..

Previous posts are correct, in that the basic function of this interview is to see if there is a legitimate "relationship" or is it a "mail order bride" thing (or worse)..

I also agree that is 100% not necessary for YOU to attend.. I would say (and please no flaming) that if you CAN go with her, please do so.. The US Embassy is not exactly know by TG's as a "thai friendy" kind of place. Plus SHE (and you too) have a whole lot riding on this interview.. it would be a shame to screw it up (because she was nervous or otherwise) and have to go back and "fix it"...

Prepare her well and (if you can) be there for her moral support! That's my 2 satang!

--UPSer laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

Thanks guys for all the help and answers to my visa questions over the last few months..Whenever i would ask a question,within minutes ,usually there was an answer already!! the big interview is next week...I cant make it there until the week after...so Im hoping she is not too terrified by the embassy/interview....I try to tell her not to worry...well, we will see...anyways,thanks again..BB

Archived