Can I get a 30 day visa if I re-enter same day?

steffi

Via Nong Khai?

I need my tousist visa renewed, and will be coming through Nong Khai in a few days. You used to be able to cross over to Laos via the bridge, and get a Lao visa by paying US $ 25 at the lao customs office at the other side. Is that still possible now? (I know that some time last yr you had to get your visa approved by BKK embassy.)

If it is possible, how about this option: Exit Thailand, take the little bus across the bridge, get out, get back in the bus without crossing into Laos and forking out

$ 25, but returning straight to the Thai side, and asking for re-entry which would supply a new 30 day visa. Would the Thai accept that, or would they look at lack of Lao entry stamps and send me back to Laos?

Thanks DB, useful to know.

I don't mind the $25, easier than having to do the cambodia visa trip from BKK. besides, we'll take a few hrs in Vientiane, GF can shop, i'll sit and sample beer Lao. I have to be in nakhon phanom by nightime, but if I cross early, I can be back in Nong Khai by 2, and make it to NP by nightfall.

BTW, where are you right now? like to catch up for a beer or two if and

when you're back in LOS

Archived