New Law Land Ownership?

Has any one heard about this new law, U.K Based company selling property in Pattaya claiming that is now possible to own land in Thailand,For non-Thais.Is this a scam or is there any truth to this claim.

As far that I’m aware off, the Thai law prohibits foreigners from owning land in Thailand but there are some ways that you can structure your dealings so that you can own the land and still be in compliance with the Law.

to Dundee and Pattaya of course,they are selling both timeshare and houses studios £5995 condos 1 bedders £9995 1-2 bedders £19995 they say that anew law is going thourgh at the moment which will premit landownership for froregners which i find hard to beleive as i already own property there i have seen the plans they also boast a thai lawyer.please advise

This situation is continually either changing or discussions are being made about chnages to be made etc etc etc. For a long time, purchase of condo's has been perfectly possible (the land is owned by a thai company, and a certain minimum of the condo ownership must be thai...). Land itself is something else. Latest i've heard - it is now possible. I had heard one rai was ok, but no more. Now i was told there is no limit, or it's a lot bigger..... i think you can guess from all this that there ain't no cut and dried answer to this... it's not even easy to know who to ask to get a definitive answer.

if anyone does get it down in writing somewhere, let us know!

coops

Well it could be very well true that new proposals has been drawn, but as far that I’m aware off is that there is only one exception to the rule and that foreigners can be granted special permission by the Minister of Interior, to own 1 rai for residential purposes, provided that the foreigner has invested at least 40 Billion bath into the kingdom. Other permissions are given to foreign companies, who are investing under the BOI. These amendments along with the condominium act where only made in 1999. I have anyway next week a meeting in BKK with my companies lawyer firm and let me bring this issue up and see if I can get some more information.

Cheers

Archived