New Scam or did she win?

carlton68

Hi,

a friend of mine was surfing the net going to lyricsfreak .

She got the message she'd be the 50 millionth visitor and won a package tour for 4 persons. She'd just have to call a number in the USA 001 321 397 xxxx and give her address details and a special number she saw on the message window.

Now I suspect this is just another scam (I am sure but she want's the package tour) to get people to call some expensive telefone numbers where you get charged xx$ for the call. Is it possible to see from the number if this is an expensive service number or something real?

I guess she's going to call unless I present her with more than just my suspicion.

Probably a sales scam of some sort but it is NOT a user pay toll number (900) so go for it, made sure your phone is set to 'don't display caller id'. Then be prepared for a long and shady presentation to try and get money from you.

Real winners are called, not the reverse.

Tell her not to get too drunk at the bar or she will wake up in a bath of icewater minus kidneys...

Listen, there are NO FREE VACATIONS, no free lunch here in the good ol' USA. Bill Gates is NOT fucking giving away money for email advertisement and no people are not cutting random folks' limbs off to initiate themselves into a gang. All a hoax...

What they will ask her for is her credit card for administrative or age verification purposes or admit to a small charge for shipping the tickets. You get a charge of about 100 dollars and then you get no tickets. They close up shop every six months and then open up again under a new name. AVOID.

Oneye

Archived