1 o'clock closing on SC

MrX

for Keef D really.....informed by several P4P workers on the Cowboy that one o'clock closing is being enforced without fear or favour for the indefinite future (diligent SC watchers will know that recently lights have been dimmed but not spent at one a.m.).....

Indeed, can confirm such impartial policing was the case last night.......the consequent girl crush for taxis at 1:10 (Asok end) being quite unseemly ...........

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday night I was at Gulliver's Suk Soi 5 and they closed at 1am as well. The manager told me that they have to close at 1am from now on. Nothing to do with the 2 buddhist holidays. He further mentioned that 1am closing will be for the whole sukhumvit. Are they trying again to enforce 1am closing? :banghead:

The manager told me that they have to close at 1am from now on. Nothing to do with the 2 buddhist holidays. He further mentioned that 1am closing will be for the whole sukhumvit.
Well this should solve all of Thailand's social problems and have absolutely no affect on tourism or the thousands that work in Sukhumvit's nightlife industry.

Does anyone know what time Patpong's - more connected and mostly Thai owned - bars are closing now? I am convinced Patpong has suffered in large part because of Sukhumvit, and I guess this is one way to address that problem without actually having to become more competitive and improve the bars in Patpong

Gadfly1 said:

Does anyone know what time Patpong's - more connected and mostly Thai owned - bars are closing now? I am convinced Patpong has suffered in large part because of Sukhumvit, and I guess this is one way to address that problem without actually having to become more competitive and improve the bars in Patpong

According to Gulliver's manager Patpong closes at 2am, because they have zoning. I was pretty surprised about this statement as I never read or heard anything recently that zoning is finally in place.

But it might be true, as the 'great leader' seems to implement new things more silently without producing much noise. E.g. look at his reaction on THIRAYUTH accusations. Actually this worked pretty fine for Thaksin as THIRAYUTH words caused less public interested than Nat Keserins 2 year old XXX movies sins. Which of course might be just a nice example of TIT

I don't go often, but Cowboy last Friday night was as bad as I had seen it in years.

Several bars shut down altogether due to supposed raids a few days earlier, shut down at around 1:20 a.m., no nudity in the 5-6 places I popped my head into, and only a few bars with any sense of energy.

I should have watched the Arsenal match instead. Their nil-nil pre-season match surely was more interesting than the Cowboy boredom of last Fri.

f

" look at his reaction on THIRAYUTH accusations. Actually this worked pretty fine for Thaksin as THIRAYUTH words caused "

What happened?

Q bar closed at 2 last night BTW, and it's in the suk area as well, dunno abt Nana. Met a french guy earlier his year who invested his last bath in a disco in Patpong a couple of years ago, he expected the New Social Order not to last and that business would soon go back as usual. Well, he lost his last bath ::

Expect the new social order to stay - the colleges are putting out some interesting women - especially in the legal field. I expect big change to come from this area.

well, fuck! Q bar was closed at

1.10 AM, just when Ur faithfull AP was painfully waking up in the disco. BED looked liked full from the people loitering outside after police kicked them out .

AP is lost right now in lower suk :help:

Please bring food, a BJ and a taxi or I may just fall in the internet shop

:help: please fellow board members, I'll get U discounts in the MPs!!

Archived