Ong Bak

phoenix

Went to the movies tonight, late session in the film festival, "Ong Bak".

I am a rather sedate type, and usually don't go in for the super fast-super violent movies, but I loved that one.

I was pleased that my (very modest) Thai and Lao meant I could follow some of the dialogue, as well as read the english subtitles (not that there is that much dialogue.

Cute female star, who unfortunately didn't get much to say or do.

I suppose it was also fun because it reminded me of LOS.

Looking forward to returning, probably in a couple of months.

The other Thai movie I saw (forgot the name) was about an anally retentive Japanese young man and a Thai (call) girl. She was yummy, but the movie boring.

Any other recent Thai movies anyone can recommend, for when I come over next?

Ong Bak is a great movie, smells of hollywood but a very good thai movie nevertheless. One of my favourites.

The other movie you mention, is it the one where the sister of the girl dies in an accident and he (japanese guy) cleans her dishes while she is strung out on dope of some sort ? ..

Ong Bak is great.

The latest movie from the makers of Ong Bak, Born To Fight, has just been released... will probably see it in Udon Thani tomorrow.

The second movie you mentioned is called Last Life in The Universe... and it is a little bit strange ::

Saw "Born to Fight" last night, from the makers of Ong Bak.

The Thai name is something like "Gert Ma Su".

It's about some communist group, (I think, I missed the start), that takes over a village and holds the villagers hostage.

Lots of Thai flag waving, amazing stunts, a PE teacher who uses his football skills to take people out with flaming coconuts and footballs and some Ta Kraw players who do the same.

Also... a seriously fit Thai chick fighter!

Good, but not as much fun as Ong Bak.

>The second movie you mentioned is called Last Life in The Universe... and it is a little bit strange<

More than a little strange, it was weird, and would have been totally boring but for the woman who played in it, who was kind of ..... cute.

Archived