Is Phuket really a safe place?

Phuket has becaome more violent over the last few years because the girls move down there from the country and their Thai Boy friends follow on when they see how much money the girls are making. So these guys have no Job and a bit of money, they amuse themselves by getting pissed during the day and then get into strife when their girls are at work.

quote:

Originally posted by Andrew:

In the year 2000 around 160 people died in motorbike accident and over 10.000 injured.

(numbers from phuket goverment)

...drowning (which takes more life than

motorbikes).

Oh come on you guys!!

Andrew are you trying to tell me that more than 160 people drowned in Phuket in a year? Phuket is just a small place in terms of population. I doubt if 20 people a year drown in all of California which has 500 miles of coastline with cold, rough surf.

These statistics are ridiculous, which is not to say that they may not be official government statistics.

I have been to Phuket three times. How come I have a girl every night, go swimming every day, go scuba diving, never have a problem with a Thai person, never hear of anybody drowning?

I definitely hear of people dying in traffic accidents.

Zane

fredCunty

Is Phuket really safe? Shit I thought it was but when I read this article, im sorta having 2nd thoughts about going now, hmmmmm...

Im from Australia and we arent allowed guns here , I just wanna go there and let off a few hundred thousand) rounds for something to do.

Please inform the dates!

Some of us would like to make sure we are not anywhere around

laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by Zane May:

These statistics are ridiculous, which is not to say that they may not be official government statistics.

never hear of anybody drowning?

I definitely hear of people dying in traffic accidents.

Zane

reproduced from the U.S. State Dept. Consular Information Sheet:

Strong seasonal undercurrents at popular beach resorts sometimes pose a fatal threat to surfers and swimmers. During the monsoon season, which is from May through October, drowning is the leading cause of death for tourists visiting Phuket.

Roger

Archived