Tiger beer - do you want it and at what price ?

torrenova

>>cheaper than heineken but made by the same brewery.<<

Considering how awful heinekin is, being made in the same brewery is not a good endorsement. I would not drink heinekin if it was free.

T: I didn't vote, but if Tiger is a good beer i would gladly pay even more than 10 baht extra, good tasting beer is scarce in LOS.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beer Lao is a favorite of mine but nobody else seems to like it. A couple posters have said Heniken and Tiger are manufactred by the same brewery. Is this true? I looked at the bottles. Brewing company names sound very similiar and both say brewed in Nonthaburi. Anybody know for a fact. I tried to contact Tiger through their web site to see if they had draft but their automated contact format kept rejecting my message bacause my contact number was incorrect, even though I tried re-entering it several times.

Incidentally, Tiger is now selling better than Heineken 2 out of 3 nights. Usually, the two nights I am in the bar.

I can't vote in this poll neither.

Sorry to inform you that for drinking real beer you must live in an other country (Belgium first: 300 different beers, Germany comes second, weissen beer hmmmm, Canadian beer comes third)

Forget about Heineken, Budweiser, Singha etc....aint no beer sir....

samak said:

bloody Tiger reminds me too much of Sillypore and its crazy beer prices! /quote]

Yeap, true enough. Last time I was there we paid like 33.00S$ for a jug ( 792 THB!!!). Never liked the Tiger either and also dont want to be named after it. Tigerman ::

Cheers. :beer:

I notice that a lot of people have a really negative opinion re Singha. Beer is like stunners . . . everyone has their own opinion which is equally valid. I certainly agree that Belgian beer is the best is the world, and there are many other great beers, including, among others, some of those found in England, Germany, Mexico, and lately craft brews in the US.

Nevertheless, to me fresh Singha (the kind you get in Thailand, not at home) has a certain unique charm for a lager, although It's certainly not the only beer I drink in LOS. I like the slightly bitter yeasty taste. (It also holds up fairly well to being diluted with ice (I know, I know -- a true beer aficionado would never do that) on a scalding hot afternoon when your trying to slow down your alcohol intake but don't want to stop drinking and want it to be COLD.

When returning from my last trip, I brought a few cans back and stuck them in the fridge when I got home. A few weeks later, when I popped one open, it brought a lot of memories of LOS back to life, almost the way hearing an old song can.

OK let the flames begin. :)

Nah, Mongatu. No flames. I am fond of Singha also - in moderation. It has special aftertaste and fills you up, makes it difficult to drink many of it. But I have brought back many bottles and later cans of it to my country also. Nice with a few with a meal!

I like Kloster better when it comes to drinking a lot.. Overall, my favourite Thai beer! :beer:

Chang, Leo, and later one called "Thai beer" and all that crap is not proper brews. Its cheaper because of the indigrients. Maize or rice indigrients mixed in? I can't get it why so many like Chang? Draught version maybe gets them hooked?

:beer:

Archived