Tiger beer - do you want it and at what price ?

torrenova

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
samak said:

bloody Tiger reminds me too much of Sillypore and its crazy beer prices!

what about some Belgium beer; saw Leffe in Villa but for a steep 250 baht per bottle; have not seen

it in any bar

There's a beer bar in Soi Post Office, Pattaya, across from the telecom office, devoted to Belgium beers. Reasonably priced. Enjoy.

Tiger don't do nothin' for me. Too bad Guiness is so expensive.

Belem,

I agree that Angkor Beer is excellent. Problem is finding it in the LOS. I even live near the Cambo border and can't find it when I go over the border to shop. Had it first time in Siem Reap. I also enjoy Beer Lao when I can get some, although the Angkor beer is the best I've had in Asia. Wish I could find a steady supply.

Cent

Cent said:

Belem,

I agree that Angkor Beer is excellent. Problem is finding it in the LOS. I even live near the Cambo border and can't find it when I go over the border to shop. Had it first time in Siem Reap. I also enjoy Beer Lao when I can get some, although the Angkor beer is the best I've had in Asia. Wish I could find a steady supply.

Cent

My gf's hometown is 15km from Cambodia but they have never heard of that beer. Hardly any beer other than Chang (in bottles) can be found in the shops.

The Angkor beer was introduced (or agressively pushed to the market) after that Thai-Cambodia incident launched by a Thai actress in January 2003. Just to show Khmers are not dependent on Thai. Could be good, never tried it.

When in LOS, I drink Asahi. Available at Lotus and IMO better than Heineken. Even cheaper! In Tokyo, drink it every day.

Asahi - "su-pa-dra-i". "Karakuchi", also written on the can means "a spicy taste for your mouth". (Just reading from the can in front of me).

I tried both Anchor & Angkor Beer. You can get both in Cambo and confusingly most of the Khmers proninced them exactly the same way so it was a lottery what you got if they had both !

Anyway, personally after a couple of tries, I like Tiger better than Singh but Henie does it for me in pints.

could you please explore about the differencies between pronouncing Anchor and Angkor in

Oxford/Cambridge/Queens english (sorry brits, is there a difference?)

UK english (if you are familiar with kockney you could explore on that as well)

american english

australian english

english with different foreign accent (i believe all our west european non english native colleagues would pronounce Anchor and Angkor very similar as well!!!)

Archived