BANGKOK FR 2-8 AUG: DAY THREE

DAY 3

Decided upon a little more shopping in the daytime and ended up having 6 shirts made at Paul?s Fashions across the road from Landmark. This cost me 4000bht, but having not really shopped around I don?t know if I paid over the odds. Nonetheless every was perfect and they were ready within 24 hours.

I felt that the flight was far too long to be awake so decided to try and acquire some sleeping aids for the return journey. This was a fairly hit and miss experience I have to stay as I understand the authorities have tightened up on the availability of prescription medicines. Several pharmacies said they could not dispense Halcion to me, but there were two near Soi Cowboy who had a more flexible attitude. Xanax was also apparently available. I must make it clear that I am a doctor and would not advise people attempting to pick up prescriptions medications about which they no little. Always consult your doctor first.

After all the walking over the past couple of days I decided to indulge in a foot massage and got a good service at Buathip Massage, 4/13 Sukhumvit Soi 5, Bangkok not far from Landmark. From memory it was less than 250bht for the hour. Each time you go you are given a discount on your next visit. Girls didn?t speak much English but were good masseuses.

Evening time having arrived I was back at Nana, this time checking out Holywood 1. I have to say the place was very quiet despite it being 11:30 and there were not many girls around. Nonetheless I barfined one who provided enjoyable entertainment back at the hotel for 1,500bht.

• 4 weeks later...

bangor,

Just catching up on my reading, and finished reading day 3 :p

May I respectfully make a comment ?

You paid too much for your shirts. All fabrics are very similar in all shops and all work with sweatshops.

You should not pay more than 400 - 450 Bt per shirt on this, no difference in quality at all.

Honestly, compared to HK, I prefer having my shirts made in HK, although a bit more expensive.

BB

Archived