buying thai air miles

thai3

I always thought you could just ring them up and buy some, at least that's the impression the website gives you, not so apparently. After finally getting hold of their new number (website months out of date) the lady informs me that they have never sold airmiles. Er why does it say you can buy them in the handbook and on the website then silence. Ok If I cannot buy them how do I get some more? she tells me you can 'top them up by buying some more' . But you just told me you don't sell them, that's right sir we don't but if you are going somewhere you can buy some to top up. I have spoken to this woman before and would like to top her up. OK lets start at the beginning I want to get a voucher for hotel, three nights but need another 2,000 airmiles so need to buy the minimum of 2,500. That's no problem sir we can sell you them to top up. Send us confirmation from hotel and we will sell you airmiles and then you ask for certificate. But the hotel will not confirm booking without a certificate number, no sir yes they do. Well the marriott has not the last three times I did it-silence. OK then I'll give it a go, please to be of help sir. Where the fuck do they get the staff from? last time she did not know what the different class of tickets meant and claimed not to know about e ticketing, even though she works in reservations-peter

Is this in Thailand or UK? I had no problems useually, but yesterday wrang them to book a ticket to Canada via UK, "We dont go there", I know that I said, but you go to london and code share with Air Canada dont you? "Yes we do but I can't sell it to you"

HUH?????

"Sir you have to buy ticket from Air Canada"

Which is what I did even though most of the flight was on Thai!

Seems they have downgraded their staff lately.

JB

PS I have regularly bought points, on at least three other occassions, no problems but never used them for hotels. Did have to go to a office to collect them though

I bought about 5000 over the phone from the London office a ccouple of years ago without any problems. Just a straight credit card transaction. I needed them to top up for a flight from LHR to BKK, and she told me to wait a few days before phoning in to make the free flight booking, so that they had time to get through to my account. In fact I was able to book the flight the next day.

Archived