Digital Camera recommendation

stumpy

MightyMouse said:

A few days ago the Bangkok Post claimed Fugitsui Thailand was coming out with a 6.2 Megapixel camera with I believe 3X or 5X optical zoom. As for digital cameras - I would at the size of the megapixels - the larger the better and the optical portion of the zoom.

MM, there is a Sony in the market since 6 months (Sony DSC-f828) which has 8 Mill Pix already and a optical of 7.1x and a digital of 14x, hence your informations are old. The price is 41K THB ( but as usual you will probably get it 50% cheaper).Nikon is lining up a 10mill pix later this month. However, it doesnt really matter if you have 5,6,7 or 8 mill pictures unless you are a professional who has access to all the equipment which could possibly utitilize a camera like this.

For amateurs like us a 2 - 3 mill is enough and the prints still turn out great. Btw, this company you mentioned is called Fujitsu and has a 7mill pix, the FinePixS7000 , already in the market since Dec'03. This for your information.

"MM, there is a Sony in the market since 6 months (Sony DSC-f828) which has 8 Mill Pix already and a optical of 7.1x and a digital of 14x, hence your informations are old. "

If you re-read my posting, I got it from the Bangkok Post only a few days ago.

Sounds like you have a problem with the Bangkok Post ... or is it me?

Hi Mr S,

What happened to your 717?

I traded mine up to a 828 a few months ago, and am very happy with it.

I have until recently used on camera flash only very rarely, but on the 828 it performs well, once you suss out how to use it best. IMHO, the 828 addresses all the drawbacks of the 717.

For more discreet non-flash bar photography, I think I'd get a little Sony T1 or W1.

2 Megapixel maybe OK for most stuff, but the occasional shot deserves blowing up, and then you do need more definition then that.

As for the canon or Nikon SLR bodies, seems cheap, but good glass for them costs a fortune, and you do end up with a big bulky machine.

Archived