Sending stuff home

thefezman

Is there a fail proof way of sending goods back from Thailand? My first time I used the Thai Postal Service, I sent back 8 football shirts (copies), they didn't get there. I sent 5 packages afterwards with EMS, only 3 arrived. Is that pretty standard or have I just been unlucky? I live in the UK by the way. Anyone got any info?

By the way, its football shirts I want to send.

All--

I am suprised. Normally if your items are held for an "import" customs reason you get a call or postcard or something in the mail indicating such...

However, if you use any of the four major private carriers like Fedex, UPS, DHL or Airborne you will have complete tracking and be able to call and get status updates.

If your goods get "held" in customs for any reason, the private carrier will expedite it's release for you.

--UPSer

laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

thefezman --

As I recall, on both Fedex's and Airborne's website you can price out your shipment over the web. UPS' site also allows you get your shipping costs (as long as you know the weight, approx size and destination).

--UPSer

PS: If your goods were seized in UK by customs using one carrier, the "odds on" bet is that they'll be seized again with another carrier.

HDrider--

The BKK metro office is located at:

16/1 Sukhumvit 44/1

Prakanong, Klongtoey

Bangkok 10110

Tel. 0-2712-3300

Fax. 0-2712-1818

Hours of Operations:

Monday - Friday: 8:30 - 18:30

Saturday 8:30 - 16:30

This is both the administrative offices for the entire country as well as the local "hub" operation.

Packages may be dropped off for shipment as well as picked up for receipt at this location.

--UPSer

Archived