Visa

quote:

Originally posted by Andrew:

Are there not a longer version of visa than 60 days? Heard something that last for six month? How long does it take to get a visa?, must I go abroad? And how much?

You can obtain a 6 months dual-entry or 12 months multi-entry non-immigrant visa but this must be obtained in advance from a Thai Embassy or Consulate in your native country. It also only allows visits of 89 days at a time, so you will still need to border hop every 3 months.

In the UK these visas are £30 and £60 respectively. You must also meet certain criteria before being eligible. Full details can be found at www.thaiconsul-uk.com. It usually takes less than two weeks to process the visa, but you can pay an additional fee for a while-u-wait service if required.

Regards

Paul

Webmaster Thailand-UK.com

quote:

Originally posted by Ckrisg:

What rights does a farang have (if any) when married to a Thai Girl in relation to Visa.

Chris

Hi Chris

I'd like that one answered too, I'm also married to a Thai. So far as I was aware the benefit doesn't go any further than being able to easily obtain the longer non-immigrant visa. Unless someone can tell me any different (which would be nice) it still comes down to cash in the bank - married or not frown.gif" border="0

Archived