A FIRST TIMER'S TRIP REPORT

I've just finished my first day of work after coming back from my first visit to Thailand. I don't feel ready to get back to regular life yet, so I'm feeling a bit down at the moment. But I had an amazing trip that I'll never forget. Thanks to all of you who answered my questions and gave me advice before my visit.

I stayed in Thailand for exactly 2 weeks, and though it wasn't intended to be a full-on P4P holiday, nightlife and women became a bigger part of it than I expected. I went to Bangkok, Pattaya, and Phuket (based in Patong). I'll get into details later, but I'll start by saying that I thought Pattaya was far better than Bangkok as far as P4P goes. Phuket was the best overall travel destination, with a fun night scene, but much more chilled out than Pattaya. Pattaya definitely had the widest variety of good venues and opportunities.

:: Bangkok

We started off in Bangkok, booked for 2 nights at the Nana Hotel. The problem was I was stuck sharing a room with a friend of mine. That worked out one night, but not the next.

The go go bars in Bangkok are ok, but not as good as those in Pattaya. In general, the music in Bangkok's go go bars is really inappropriate. How the fuck's a girl supposed to dance to Travelling Wilburies??? I mean, come on. Also, many of the go-go's are just too big, with too many girls on stage so you can't see any of them. There's a large selection of girls, with some really good looking ones, but there are a lot of average or below average girls blocking the view.

The real jewel of staying at the Nana is the Nana Disco. The photo on the hotel website makes the disco look really lame, so I was expecting nothing, but we walked in to witness the most outrageous pickup place I've ever seen. Probably 80% female crowd, much younger and hotter than I had expected, and most of them eyeing us or grabbing us as we walked in. We found 2 ladies there who knew each other well, and making good use of our shared bedroom, took them upstairs for an all night foursome. We fucked each girl separately, then swapped, with intermittent threesome action, girls eating other, etc. We had never talked about money, so in the morning we each gave one girl 1000 baht and they were more than happy with that. Two energetic little dolls for the price of one. That was the perfect remedy to the shared room fiasco.

In addition to Nana Plaza, we also checked out Soi Cowboy, which seemed like a ghost town. It was almost completely dead. The beer bars had no customers, and the go-go's looked pretty empty. We went inside one beer bar and one go-go, but briefly, because girls were literally begging us to bar fine them which was a little depressing. We got the hell out of there and went back to Nana Disco. Unfortunately, that night the shared room didn't work out so well so I had to cut a girl loose which was a downer. But we didn't share for the rest of the trip.

I picked up one more freelancer from Nana Disco, who looked like a casual participant but turned out to be a career freelancer who demanded an undeserved 2000 baht in the morning. Throughout my whole trip, everyone else was happy with 1000. I met her half way and gave her 1500 baht, but she wasn't happy. There seem to be more mercenary girls like this in Bangkok than in Pattaya or Phuket.

Bangkok had its share of interesting sights and experiences, but it was definitely the least impressive place I visited.

Tally:

Freelancers: 3

Total: 3 girls

:: Pattaya

Pattaya was an insane place. At night, South Pattaya in its entirety became like Nana Plaza. There were so many beer bars, go go's, discos, and freelancers everywhere that it would be impossible to be bored or lonely, unless you wanted to be. I went to a number of go gos, and got some very sexy girls. The girls in Pattaya were overall quite a bit better looking than the ones in Bangkok, at least in the go-gos. The prices were also lower and more stable. Nobody asked for more than 1500 baht, and nobody got any more than 1000 from me (without considering the bar fine). The only problem is that the girls in Pattaya don't speak English as well as the ones in Bangkok. That made the beer bars really hard work, so we usually skipped them.

There were loads of freelancers in Lucifer's and Tony's Disco (though Tony's is a scam;don't go there). I picked up 2 girls from Lucifer's. It's not as overt as Nana Disco, but if you have a look around you can find someone very easily. And if not, there are loads of young sexy thangs outside on the street. If you smile at any girl in Pattaya at night, chances are that she'll proposition you. We even got propositioned by some McDonalds cashier girls and a sporting goods saleswoman. What the fuck's that all about?

The go-gos in Pattaya are definitely much better than the ones in Bangkok. The music is better (or at least it's conceivable that a girl can dance to this music, unlike in Bangkok), the girls get semi-nude and sometimes nude, there are some mild sex shows, the stages aren't so crowded so you can see the girls better, the atmosphere is much friendlier in general, and they are dirt cheap. Drinks are often half the price of those in Bangkok. You can sit down for half an hour, watch beautiful girls dancing or posing with other girls, and have a sexy hostess caress you and flirt with you, all for about $1 if you nurse your drink. Now that's value, I say.

Pattaya was the hands-down P4P champion.

Tally:

2 freelancers, 4 go go girls

Total: 6 girls

:: Patong

Phuket is much more of a regular tourist destination than Bangkok or Pattaya, with plenty to do during the day as well as at night. So it was my favorite place in Thailand. In Pattaya and Bangkok I felt like day time was just something I had to endure to reach the night time. But the nightlife in Patong is not as rich as that in Pattaya or Bangkok.

The go go bars in Patong are, and I don't use this term lightly, SHIT. The go gos are small, dark and smoky little rooms with little or no décor, the girls are in general not very attractive, and a lot of them seem drugged out. Maybe it's just me, but I like a cute and sexy atmosphere in a go go bar, not a dirty and sleazy atmosphere. Basically, don't even bother with the go-gos in Patong.

There are loads of beer bars, some of which have cute girls, but you have to look around for them. The quality is a bit lower than in Pattaya or Bangkok. Their English seems a little better than the Pattaya girls, though. I didn't snag any beer bar girls. I just had a couple of drinks and played connect four.

I got plenty of action in Patong, but entirely from freelancers in Tiger Disco. Some girls go out and dance, but others just stand around the sides of the disco, or out on the patio and just wait for customers to approach them. Plenty of high quality girls, though others told me that it was nothing compared to the December-January high season. I think that the freelancer scene is the most thriving scene in Patong, because of the sharp difference between low and high season. Plenty of freelancers on the streets or around the beer bar areas, too.

Tally:

3 freelancers

Total: 3 girls

Final tally:

Bangkok 3

Pattaya 6

Patong 3

Grand total: 12 girls. Not bad for a first timer, is it?

:: Overview of Pattaya go go bars

These go gos are listed in order of my personal preference, started with my favourite. None of them were bad, just less good than others.

1) Carousel; Great atmosphere with energetic music. The girls were really energetic and having a lot of fun, and interacting with customers a lot (even from the stage). Even when I told the girls I wasn't going to barfine anyone that night, they still stuck around and partied with me anyway. Fun and friendly girls. I love the rotating carousel stage and horsey, too.

2) The Sea (formerly Frozen?) ; similar to carousel in that the girls were having a lot of fun, which created a great atmosphere. The girls made lots of eye contact with customers, and circulated and sat with customers, but weren't pushy for drinks. Good music for dancing.

3) Electric Blue; good sex shows (and I was pulled up onto stage for a double lap dance during one show...I didn't have a clue what to do so I just sat there passively;ha ha). The décor and music seemed good, girls were good dancers. They have a bit of an attitude, though. I took home one very cute girl named ****, who definitely had an attitude, but was fun anyway.

4) Superbaby ; lots of cute girls with nice bodies, but quite aloof. They didn't make much eye-contact or smile at customers, and didn't circulate among the customers much. If you wanted to talk to someone, you really had to flag them down like a taxi, or ask the mama-san to bring them to you. Nice interior, stage, and lighting. Decent dance music.

5) Happy; This place was a bit of a mixed bag. It was a big, busy place with lots of girls. Not all of them were hot, but there were a few stunners. Some girls were having fun and getting into it, while others did the Bangkok shuffle and stared off into space. The music was a mix of electronic music, and danceable pop and rock. I quite liked their dj. Barfined a hot girl named ****. She was a really fun and outgoing girl. Good bar, but it was too crowded. Literally every seat filled up after I got there.

6) Classroom 1. I'm not sure that I got the full experience of this bar, since I went there at 2:40 pm and there was only 1 other customer aside from me. The girls seemed to be taking it easy and socializing a lot. The music wasn't the greatest, and the girls weren't into the dancing so much, but they seemed like nice girls with less of an attitude than others. I barfined a sexy lady named **** at around 3:30 pm; ha ha. She wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed, but very warm and sweet. The photos of the bar on their website look a lot more energetic than what I saw; I guess it could be because of my unusually early visit. The other girls all looked really surprised when I barfined Kai so early into her shift. There was one other really cute girl named ****, but I didn't have a chance to talk to her.

7) Spicy Girls; TINY place with little atmosphere. The music was not the most danceable (lots of classic rock and shit), and the girls were bad dancers. One girl named **** was really sparky and fun, so I barfined her, but the place itself was nothing special.

All places had good drink prices, and I had few problems with the bin. The only incident I had was at Happy, where I ordered a drink at 9:20 (happy hour is until 9:30), and they brought the drink at 9:33 and charged me full price because happy hour was now over. I protested loudly, but they brushed me off. Fuck that. I only got screwed out of 30 baht, but it's the principle. Overall, though, they were all very good places. I would recommend any except for Spicy Girls, which wasn't bad but just nothing special.

:: Overview of Bangkok go-go bars

1) Angelwitch; This was the first go-go I went to in Thailand, and remains my favorite in Bangkok. The music was pretty good, the girls were wearing sexy outfits and showing their tits (unusual in Bangkok these days, I guess). There were tame but cute sex shows, the girls seemed to be having fun, and lots of girls circulated to sit with customers without hassling them for drinks too much.

2) Carnival; Good place. I loved riding the bull, and watching the girls ride the bull. Nice carousel stage, too. The dj was at first playing energetic jungle beats (which I like) but then switched to soft rock for some reason. For fuck sakes, hips just can't gyrate to Brian Adams. It goes against the laws of nature. Really friendly girls, though. Good place to hang out with friends, even when you're not trying to pick up.

3) Carousel - Not as much fun as the one in Pattaya, but not bad. The girls were friendly and circulated without hassle. There were some good-looking girls here. Unfortunately, someone let my grandma into the dj booth.

4) Rainbow; Hmmm. This place was just too damn big. There were so many girls, that you couldn't see the nice looking ones very well. Lots of girls circulated to talk with customers, but there were actually TOO MANY so I had to get rid of some in order to talk to the one I was interested in. 3 girls asked me for lady drinks at the same time (of course I only bought 1 for my favorite, though), and when I left, the girl and waitress both hassled me for tips. Lots of girls were trying to get my attention from the stage, and trying to take me away from the girl I was with. It really seemed like there were too many girls for the number of customers, so they had to really fight to promote themselves. Did the dj really play Bachman Turner Overdrive?? Was I having auditory hallucinations??

5) Cascade - Ladyboys. I walked into this place by mistake. Downed one drink then got out quickly.

In general the Bangkok go-gos were not as fun and cozy as the Pattaya ones, and it was a bit harder to find a beautiful girl amongst all the action. But not bad. If you're in Bangkok and can't get to Pattaya, I'd recommend go-go's 1-3.

**** So there you have it, the overview of my first footsteps towards Hell !! ha ha But seriously, it was an incredibly interesting experience, but it wasn't all about fucking. The sex actually didn't fulfill me that much, because I know they were doing it mostly for the money. I enjoy sex with a girlfriend more. But I found the girls really fascinating. I loved hearing their life stories, what they were doing before they became working girls, and what their dreams for the future are. I was very interested in the different ways they adapt and cope with their situation. There was so much variation. Some girls seemed sad and disillusioned, but scared to go home. Others seemed empowered and independent, in control of their own destiny. I wrestled a little bit with my conscience, because I wondered whether I was contributing to their confusion or sadness, but I tried to treat the girls really well and I tried to make sure that they were interested in me and wouldn't be uncomfortable with me if I brought them home. One go-go girl said to me Thank you. Last night you take care me like husband. I forget that I'm "bad girl"; I think that was the happiest moment of my trip. I was surprised to feel my cold, cynical heart warm up and soften a little bit. I think that's what will draw me back to Thailand again in the very near future. Thanks.

'don?t even bother with the go-go?s in Patong'

your first trip to Thailand?.

some of the Members know a bit more about the place than you and know where to have fun.

i notice you never named the Go-Go's which are shit and that you recommend no-one to visit.

perhaps you visited the wrong places on your Nights out?.

so you thiink a lot of the Girls in Patong are "drugged out"

can you provide any evidence of this?.

so no-one in BKK or Pattaya are "drugged out"?

sayjann said:

your first trip to Thailand?.

some of the Members know a bit more about the place than you and know where to have fun.

i notice you never named the Go-Go's which are shit and that you recommend no-one to visit.

perhaps you visited the wrong places on your Nights out?.

Maybe, but I went to three places and all three were bad in my opinion. Maybe the fourth would have been good, but 3:1 isn`t a good ratio. I liked pretty much every go-go in Pattaya and Bangkok, so I didn`t like having to search for a good one in Patong. I remember one was called Flash a go-go which was the best available, but I don`t remember the others because I wasn`t impressed enough to remember. Can you recommend any go-go`s in Patong?

sayjann said:

so you thiink a lot of the Girls in Patong are "drugged out"

can you provide any evidence of this?.

Well, no, I didn`t take any urine samples. A lot of them acted drugged out. I`m not trying to slander those girls, I`m just saying I felt uncomfortable with the way some of them acted.

Sorry about writing the girls` names and numbers. I tried to edit that out but the time has expired so I can`t. Maybe the moderator can help me edit those out.

Thanks for reading, everyone. :)

Can you recommend any go-go`s in Patong?

Rock Hard is a good one. Lots of girls, lots of lookers, nice dress code, good tunes, and where else do you get a tex mex menu in a gogo bar (good food too)!

Nice report by the way.

rompandadam said:

I salute you mate...awesomly comprehensive report for a first -timer (not fibbing are you!)....Couldnt muster a half of your insights after my first....

Thanks, mate. When I try something new, I like to do it full on. I did a lot of reading on this site and pattaya-at-night.com before my trip, which really helped me prepare.

Rock Hard, huh? I could see their stage from my hotel room. I guess I should have checked that one out. There's always next time!

Thanks for the edit, Old Hippie. It didn't occur to me until after I posted that I might be endangering the girls by giving their names.

Archived