Basketball in Pattaya

S4u, I'm not sure of Pattaya but here is what I wrote up awhile back about Queens Park (next to Emporium shopping complex) in BKK.

"There was a full court basketball game going on, and here is my biggest surprise , these guys can play ball. It was a very up-tempo game at high speeds; even when the fast break was shut down the half count game was high octane. Everybody was always moving. Afterwards when the organized full court game was done, there were half court games being played, even two girls got into the action. They asked me a few times if I wanted to play (didn?t have the right shoes) but did shoot around with them. A very friendly bunch of kids."

So if you make it to Bangkok don't forget your shoes !!

I've lived in East Pattaya since last mid-Feb. Now, my memory is way off from the heavy duty concussion I sustained last month ... but, there's a park on the left side of one of the roads from Sukhumvit to Jomtien Beach (can't think of the name of the road) ... I'll ask my wife when I call tomorrow ... I believe I've seen a court with two hooops in this park.

Also, in school playgrounds, you can usuallly find a net or two ... and, they don't mind if you use the facilities ... if you play any of them, just let 'em score once in a while!

Archived