Vintage BMW Motorcycle Wanted

Mr Pickles

I'm looking to buy an older BMW motorcycle. R69, R69/s, R50, R50/s, R26 and R27's are the bikes I've got an eye out for. Do you have one you want to sell ? Do you know anybody with one of these models that wants to sell? Please let me know. I would be willing to travel anywhere throughout the LOS for the right bike. Thanks

as far as i remember there are some shops that sell these old BMW bikes in bangkok.

Try to go around the sois behind the mall boon klong. (you have to turn right just next to the pathumwan hotel adjacent to the mall). In some of these sois there will be all sorts of engine-repair shops and garages. amongst them you may find what you are looking for.

good luck.

Pharcyde

You are one lucky dude, as there is a Thai guy specialized in restoring BMW motorcycles. And as far as I can tell, he is doing a very nice job (although with a hefty price tag)!

BMW Motosai Service

Chulalongkorn Soi 9

Bangkok

Phone: 02-215 4450 or 02-216 0645

This is a soi behind Chulalongkorn University's business school, more or less in front of an old fire station. If you get on the soi, you can't miss it.

If I had the money, I would buy one myself there.

Cheers,

Stray

Don't want to hijack your thread, but I just happen to be looking for a secondhand BMW 650 , either the ordinary F650, or maybe a Dakar. i want to buy it in thailand for use there and in laos over the next couple of years. Anyone know of one for sale? the alternative is bringing one in from my country, and I'm not sure of the economics of that.

There is a good shop list at BKK Riders . I would personally recommend Siam Superbike, Red Baron and Mr T Bike. These are shops that usually carry a decent selection of bikes. I've seen Beamies on many occasions.

You could also contact BMW Motorcycle Club - Thailand They are an active bunch & I'm sure they can give you leads. Then there is also the official dealer, of course, Barcelona Motor Co Ltd I think they only have new machines however.

Cheers,

Stray

I was looking to buy a 650 myself back in March and have done all of the number crunching and research. I learned that, like cars here in LOS new bikes have a huge import duty. A 650 back in the states was running around $8500-$9000 new and about $7500 for a like new bike with a thousand or two miles on it. Here at Barcelona motors the same 650 was running around $12-13,000 US dollars. With the 60% tax it really doesn't make sense to buy a new one, especially if your ever planning on exporting. The good news was that Barcelon Motors did have a near new 650 with only 73 km on it. It was owned buy a Thai business man who after riding it home decided he didn't want it. They didn't have a price at the shop and gave me his number which I no longer have. If you're interested give Barcelona Motors a call and check it out. If you need more help feel free to send me a PM and we can talk further.

cheers...

Archived