DTAC vs. AIS coverage in Pattaya

Help please,

I will need phone coverage by either DTAC or AIS whilst in Pattaya for just a few days.

Does anyone know which of these two (only) provide the best coverage.

I will be in the soi's and not out in Jomtien or anything.

thanks in advance for your information as I need to take an very important call while there.

THANKS MEMBERS!!

cheers, :D

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will need phone coverage by either DTAC or AIS whilst in Pattaya for just a few days. Does anyone know which of these two (only) provide the best coverage.

SIMs are cheap enough, so just buy one of each and see for yourself.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I know the SIM card option- but is not possible as the caller cannot dial an international number to get to me.

It is only for one day for roughly 15 min (the important call).

As much as I loath to support the mega-rich Thaksin, sounds like AIS may be the safer bet.

cheers,

It may be worth mentioning that while in Pattaya speaking to a friend who was also in Pattaya using AIS/One2Call, his signal kept cutting out whilst mine had a full signal.

This was not a one off occurrence. Though, of course, there are no guarantees with any one the networks.

Yes, I know the SIM card option- but is not possible as the caller cannot dial an international number to get to me.

While your remark doesn't make any sense, it would help if you explained up front what ALL your requirements were, instead of getting us to waste time trying to help you, only to find out there was some hidden reason why our advice was no good to you. It also sounds like you already made up your mind what you were going to do before you asked for our help, so why did you even bother?

[color:"green"]also in Pattaya using AIS/One2Call, his signal kept cutting out whilst mine had a full signal. This was not a one off occurrence.[/color]

Might have been his phone, since I've never had a problem using one-2-call in Pattaya.

But on the islands off the west coast of southern Thailand, south of Koh Lanta, a friend and I kept trying to call lady friends elsewhere. He had dtac, no problems, and I could rarely get a signal. He was nice enough to lend me his phone.

His plan seems to be to use his US mobile network's roaming plan, as the caller is expected to call him on his US number.

No, this scenario wasn't clear in his original post.

Archived