DTAC vs. AIS coverage in Pattaya

The first post was very clear. Go back and re-read it, this time with your head out of your arse. You have a smart mouth but a dense brain, a nice combo. You will go far in life...dick.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are correct.

I will use my local carrier in Thailand just to recieve a call.

Never have done that before, have you? Any problems with DTAC or AIS?

thanks for the info, and will try to be more clear on future posts. I should be ashamed of myself for the lack of clarity and content.

I am a miserable cunt.. ::

Thanks heaps for the info, got it all situated. This is why this board is so great. Sift thru the occasional (by a stranger, no less) flame and great information is passed on.

thanks for everything!

Weeeee!

There really is very little in it. I have sat next to someone on Soi 6 who had AIS. He had one bar less of signal strength than I, both on Nokia phones.

This hardly means that you won't be able to receive a call. Also, if you mobile is set to automatically find a network it should switch if one goes down. In addition to this, I have my voicemail switched off before I leave the UK, as if the signal is down when your caller rings, it could divert to voicemail. I don't want to be calling the UK to check on my mail.

realise it punks AIS is shit & I say that 'cos it's government owned & they charge the highest they can get away with as usual for that kind of operations...

of course they try to legalise that with 'premium service' & 'best coverage nationwide', which any radio network planner knows means shit in practice as there's at least 3 networks with more than adequate city wide coverage including DTAC & Orange ;)

go into one gogo & ais will work while in the next Dtac or Orange will be the 'premium' carrier. enough said

ohh and don't forget different mobiles will have different reception meaning e.g. the tiny ones may not be able to get signal while an old bulky external antenna thingy might!

One bar difference. They were both standard Nokia mobiles. AIS is poular with North American users ,as it used to be that many of their mobile telephones weren't compatible with the GSM1800 network.

Think your response to the "flamer" (which really wasn't that bad) was pretty harsh and uncalled for.

Just my own opinion.

Personally, I prefer DTAC over AIS. Coverage is the same (least in the metropolitan areas of Thailand and the backwoods I frequent).

<<burp>>

Archived