L'pool in trouble...

check_bin_krap

Everyone thought it would be happy days when Houllier was sacked. Today, L'pool lost vs. Bolton. The season has started poorly, but all can be turned around fast.

Any views from the L'pool supporters? Bibblies or anyone else?

Whats happened to Kewell? Is it playing in a better team which leaves him anon?

Cheers!

Dudek's a liability, losing us a goal a game. Defenders are slow. Hamman is a dinosaur who should never, ever take the field. Baros's Euro2004 was a flash in the pan.

It'll take a while. Alonso looked classy early on and Garcia started to pick up later. They'll both take time to get used to the Premiership and will improve. Warnock looked interesting too. Kewell was injured. For once, Gerrard didn't play well so we lost.

We could have done with Owen staying. Baros is not the answer...

Hope it improves Bibblies... Maybe time to play one of Englands most promising goal keepers?

I am in favour of blooding young ones. At my club, they keep sending on 36 yrs old Brian Deane :cussing: Wasn't good at Leeds as 27 yrs old, won't be now.

But oldie Sullivan is doing well in goal though. Goalies are special, can go on and on...

Anyway - best luck for L'pool. Would rather watch you do well than Arsenal, Man.U. or Chelsea. Its early days for your new regime also.

Cheers!

A bad result of course but I think they're playing well. You can clearly see that the players..actually..the team is new to eachother. But a good eye like myself :D sees a good team in the earlier stages of creation and needs time to strenghten the weakest points.

I think Baros could and WILL do very well with this 'new' Liverpool. It's much faster than last season when Liverpool was extremely defensive and this style is more suitable for both him and Cisse. Gerrard is a different player now under the new manager Benitez. He's much more of an attacking midfielder and will likely give his old job to Alonso who did very well yesterday.

Hamann is a must Bibblies, he may not be the best midfielder in the squad but he's IMO the only one (maybe with Gerrard) who's able to shuffle down an opponent without getting a booking. And that is an ability, believe me. You need to know how to bring a man down and he knows it. Apart from that he's got dangerous long-range shots.

Liverpool fans, I tell you, this may not be the best season but it are going to be bright days at Anfield Road in the future.

Why? Because Zaad says so!

You obviously didn't see the episode of 'The Premiership' last season where pundits such as Robbie Earle clearly showed beyond doubt how Hamman's conservatism destroyed so many of Liverpool's potential counter-attacks and compared it to other top teams. E.g. Think of Arsenal's equivalent, Gilberto, who doesn't automatically turn sickenly sideways when he receives the ball.

I get sick of people singing the praises of skill-less side-foot destroyers such as him and David Batty. In my opinion, they display a form of cowardice where they won't risk anything, knowing they won't be blamed (by most people) for not trying something but they could be slammed for something not coming off.

And yes, I know he delivered that pass yesterday for Garcia's goal! It doesn't make up for everything else. A modern player has to do more. I notice his contract's running out without talk of a new offering and can only surmise (or hope) that Rafa played him yesterday because it was an away game with a lot of new players to be bedded.

Hamman's slow, is a negative passenger who isn't needed, and drags the whole team back.

Its only one loss. Its early in the season. I wouldn't start sounding the death knell for Liverpool yet. A loss is bound to happen at some point. Bolton has a been a tough place to get a result for a couple years now. If it was away at Palace it would be one thing but Bolton is not a big shock. Also, Liverpool came close to equalising a few times. That's one big positive. Some of you have always told me not to take anything from this early in the season and wait around boxing day to see how things firm up.

I hope Liverpool falters as they are a rival of ours but I'll take a wait and see position. They have players that have to get settled into playing in the PL (Cisse and some of the spanish signings). If they are in touch of the leaders come late December they should be all right as the new players to the league will finding their footing.

"I get sick of people singing the praises of skill-less side-foot destroyers such as him and David Batty. In my opinion, they display a form of cowardice where they won't risk anything, knowing they won't be blamed (by most people) for not trying something but they could be slammed for something not coming off. "

I have seen him play many games and I disagree with the above. How many times have you seen him lose the ball or make wrong passes? And this guy is great in retrieving the ball from the opponent with his 2m legs. My opinion is that he's a reliable defensive midfielder who's able to assist the guys up front.

Blaming a player for side-passes is BS! You can not expect every pass to towards goal. You need to work your way up there and sometimes you need to take one step back before going two step front.

Robbie Earle's opinion doesn't change mine. I'm sure lots of so called experts will praise one player and criticise another. It's all a matter of opinions.

If Mr. Earle believes he can make Liverpool a better team perhaps he should apply for the manager position :)

I'd hate to see Gerrard go to Chelsea. They got their money from a rich sugar daddy. I at least have more respect for how Man Utd got their money. If Chelsea had built a great support and those supporters bought merchandise and filled their stadium then I'd respect it more. Nothing illegal in how they got their money but buying Gerrard would essentially have been buying the title.

At leats with Arsenal they are coming because of the exciting football we are playing at the moment.

Archived