Visa fees to your country ?

MikeN

my regular BG has been dropping hints about getting her a visa for a visit to australia, so just out of curiosity I was looking up the immigration website.

no hope of a bargirl getting a tourist visa, so what about a "prospective marriage" visa ? All the usual red tape and bullshit, plus an application fee of Aus$1245 (approx37000 baht ) non refundable if it is not approved. Plus compulsory medical exams costing $300 approx 8500 baht.

Yes, I know that if it was true love nobody would worry about paying out the $$$$, but how the **** can they justify that, especially as backpackers (liable to overstay) can get a visa for practically nothing compared to a fiancee visa, and students, who are liable to overstay AND break the employment rules, can get a visa for nothing !!

It seems to me that the Australian govt at least has got it's fee scale completely out of line......how about other countries ? What do your embassies charge for visas ?

Mike,

The fee for any US non-immigrant visa, including the K1 Fiance(e) visa, is US$100.

But, as you outlined for Australia, there are a lot of other expenses involved including fees for other processing governmental processing in addition to the visa itself in the case of a fiance(e) as compared to a tourist.

I can't agree that the higher fees for immigration benfits is inappropriate. A lot more things need to be taken into consideration when approving someone as an immigrant.

Grabii

Mike,

Miss Red has been to Australia twice, both as a tourist (3 and 6 month visa). Cost about 2000B I think. It wasn't that hard. I'd go that route if I were you. They didn't ask about her past (she was a BG). Just dress well (both of you) - appearances are 90% of what you are judged on. Be patient, or arrive 1st thing in the morning at the embassy and it won't take so long. Just take every scrap of paper which may help show you are an item. Photos, letters, emails, etc.

A doctors' report is only necessary for the 6 month visa. Bangkok General Hospital did a fantastic job with that for around 1000B in under 2 hours.

I did a report in this forum both times, and it got some interesting replies from memory.

Good luck.

Archived