Visa stamps in passport

I recently got myself a new passport, because the old one was full, but not expired yet. (Crazy immigration officials who stamp, put stickers in etc. They just don't let their children make drawings in it)

But my year visa and multiple entry permit is in my old passport. On my arival in Thailand I showed the old one and the new one and they permitted my stay until 28/12/2001, no problem. But I always have to carry the old and new pasport this way. Can I go to immigrations and let them transfer the visa to my new passport? (Now with 20 extra pages on request!)

I lost my passport once and had to get a new visa non-imm "B" in my new passport. It can be done but it's the proverbial bureaucratic pain in the fucking arse.

It would be easier for you as you have the original.

The best I can suggest is that you go to the Immigration Bureau at Soi Suan Plu, Sathorn Road, Bangkok. When you enter the building do not turn left to the mail "visa" hall. There is a small reception area on the right hand side. Ask one of the charming ladies where to go. I suspect you will have to go to one of the other "little rooms" to get your replacement. shocked.gif" border="0

Cheers

Ringy

Question:-

My passport is almost full (again) do the British Embassy issue UK passports with the extra pages for frequent travellers or just the standard 30 page jobs?

Cheers & Beers Coquetislander.

The dutch officials do the same. On my request they only cut a corner of the passport book because there where a current visa and reentry permit inside. Since I only need a visa for LOS and get one on arrival in the USA and SA, where i travel regularly, i only would have a problem for LOS. But last arrival, I showed my old passport for the visa and re-entry permit and used my new one for the entrance stamp and immigration did not say anything about this.

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by coquetislander:

Question:-

My passport is almost full (again) do the British Embassy issue UK passports with the extra pages for frequent travellers or just the standard 30 page jobs?

Cheers & Beers Coquetislander.

Hi, you can still get the passport with more pages. I just ticked the box on the form to ask for it. It costs a little bit extra, I can't remember how much though!

Later, Sorter

tongue.gif" border="0

Coquetislander,

The UK offers a standard 30 page passport and a larger one of 48 pages at a higher price for a frequent traveler. The UK will not add pages to a passport if full unlike the US which is happy to do so for no charge so long as expiration date is not too close

Archived