Where to obtain silk at wholesale costs ?

New Petchburi Pete

Hey mates,

A friend of mine wants me to ship him a fairly large amount of silk. I do no yet know exact amount. It doesn't have to be the very best quality either ... good, but affordable.

... not clothes, just the material ... and, he only want black initially. Requests for other colors may/may not follow. Any informantion about where/how to purchase at wholesale prices would be greatly appreciated. ... anyone have any contacts: wholesalers/distributers ? Many thanks to anyone who can deliver. ... I'll 'take care of you.' :beer::up:

Hi dddave,

Yes I got your PM. Was that you I bumped into the other day at Little Pepina's? ... ever try the slices of calzone(s) ... very good; but, then everything is great ... although, when Pepe is in Vegas, quality may slide a bit! Their pizza is my favorite!

.... I thought I sent you a PM (or mentioned in a post ? - not sure), inviting you to join me and a couple of home town pals to watch the Patriots-Colts game. It was a great night out.

Stuck in today for the Pats-Arizona game. Then they have a bye next sunday ... the sunday after will be my last shot of seeing a Pat's game over here ... PM me if you want to get together.

I almost forgot about the silk ... I'm interested in helping my wife set up a business. There is a demand for black silk (and, quite likely other colors as well) ... doesn't have to be best quality, maybe middle of the road. Kindly pass along any info. Thanks, Pete :up:

NPP,

There are quiet a few alternatives and my missus was involved in importing silk from the North to Hong Kong.....Quality was quite good ....

Let me see if she still has the contact details...

SB.

• 2 months later...

I'm currently exporting silk from Thailand to UK, so if I am not in competition with you Pete I'd be grateful if you would share any info retrieved! I've found so far that most good factories in the N.E have outlets near Chinatown, which I buy from. Generally, wherever you go and whatever quantities you buy in (below 150m per colour anyway) it's like gold.....always around the same price point. If there are better alternatives please correct me!

The thing that does differ are the Chinese silk brocades which vary in quality, authenticity and price.

I export fairly small quantities frequently as per orders, so I always use airmail. As I might start to hold more stock I wonder what shipping the silk is like? Some say the damp conditions onboard can affect it badly.

Cheers,

Carl

Archived