Entering Thailand without forwarding ticket?(Open Jaw)

NokTang

Anyone had a recent problem with this? My plan again is to buy return from Manila, enter Thailand without the onward, buy it in Bangkok when ready.

Never a problem in the past, just want to confirm still very little if any hassle at BKK.

thanks,

Nok

If you want to check in for a flight to Thailand and you have no onward/return ticket and no visa for Thailand (aiming to get 30 days at the airport instead), you may have a problem checking in at some airports. Singapore and Hong Kong seem quite strict in this respect.

If you have a 2 or 3 months visa for Thailand, no problem whatsoever.

It seems, as per immigration regulations, if you have no visa for Thailand, you must at least be in possession of an onward/return ticket from there. Otherwise, Thai immigration could theoretically send you back, and your airline would have to shoulder the expense.

Unless you're say Indian, Pakistani, Chinese, African etc. Thai immigration will never ask you to show a return ticket.

I have flown into Thailand around a hundred times over the last 15 years, and the subject of a return ticket has never been mentioned.

Still, whenever I check in in Singapore and have no onward ticket to show for, they fastidiously check my visa.

We have been told in no uncertain terms that from 1 st August airline staff (BA/Qantas/Cathey Pacific )travelling on staff concession tickets to BKK MUST have a minimum of a 60 day tourist visa if arriving on a one way ticket.This in reality applies to all family travelling on concession tickets.After this date we will be returned (at own expense) to original departure.Clearly new government regs. are officially being upheld.Clearly no one will be entering/visa running on one way tickets after this date.Whilst this warning is aimed at "ONE WORLD" staff, clearly this will be applying to everyone.Fair to say Stickmans warnings, have been top dollar.

[ June 18, 2001: Message edited by: rastus ]

Archived