Taking One's Own Life!

Zaad

Hi,

This is of course a very personal subject so I don't expect too many experiences here. I actually don't hope to receive any at all, I'm more interested in your opinion / view on this.

This is a very serious issue and I happen to have a few friends who seriously considered thread's title. One actually did, failed and is living as if nothing ever happened. Very weird if you ask me, not sure if the mental status is (or has ever been) 100%

I personally can not think about taking my own life, yeah I may not have as much life experience as most guys here (no pun intended) but I really can not imagine seeing this horrible option on my "things-to-do" list. I know life has terrible traumas on offer, but still...

(knock knock) I would never consider such option, simply doesn't fit with my optimistic view on life.

I'll include a poll for those who wish not to have a say in this thread. Can't blame you.

I had to answer NO. It has never been an option for me.

The way I look at it is life is like a movie. You keep watching because you want to see what is going to happen next. The only problem is when it's a bad B movie and you're the star.

With my luck I'd off myself and win the lottery the next day.

LL

You're right.

I would definitely have to reconsider my options if I were living in a hospital bed and there would be no hope for recovery. No movement of limbs possible etc.

I think I'd ask the doc to pull the plug if I'm not able to wipe my own ass anymore. ::

Having watched both a very close friend and a family member die slow, extrememly painful and undignified deaths from terminal cancer, I would gladly accept an "assisted transition" in the shape of an injection or a plug being pulled out of its socket should I find myself in that sorry state one day. :(

Otherwise, no way: even with no money, no job, no nothing, I'd keep on keeping on. :up: As the Sugarcubes album title said, Life's Too Good. :)

jack :help:

PS. Zaad ? this is a very interesting idea for a poll. :up: Respect for thinking of it. :bow:

Think the subject gives illusion a lot of room for manouver.

It only takes a minute variation in the chemical composition of a neuro-transmitter and a run of bad luck...

OR in other terms; every one has their own room 101,though thresholds will vary...

Funny really, I often think it is death (and particularly being able to choose it) which makes life bearable....

I could have seperated "I'm afraid I have" in two other options of course "yes, but refused" and "yes, but attempt failed" but IMO a serious consideration of this is already bad enough so I decided to leave it in one.

Besides, I don't want to create a dead atmosphere here :)

Archived