Taking One's Own Life!

Zaad

Saiphon said:

I bet the majority who "would in the right circumstances" are thinking about a medical condition/terminal illness. In this case I don't think the number voting "yes" is that surprising. Maybe if you made that a specific category then peple's views would be clearer.

Good Observation

Case senario:

Your very-very-very drunk , convince yourself that you are still ok to drive. Group of children crossing street at intersection with stop light / sign. You drive right thru them , kill 4 , 3 more in coma's with no hope. You sober up in a jail cell and realize what you've done. You may get out of prison in 20-30 years.... but

FJ - have to agree with you, my father went that way, and as the nurse said "You wouldn't treat a dog this way, why a human" she left a 500 ml bottle of liquid morphine, and we could set the dose at night, (We decided immiadiatly, when he was very sentiant, no hospital, he was a doctor, but at home).

In many ways this was her (and many in the medical proffession) way of saying, if it happens it happens, we ask no questions.

We didn;t take that route, though I am sure many do, however it was tough.

I am pleased and interested the 2nd choice has 48% of votes, more than I expected.

I think that is a reflection of this board that many feel free to speak honestly, (And boy do I disagree with them most times :) ) however that is also a very good thing

DOG

[color:"red"] Unless life insurance is in place. You can't insert a bullet in there if you have life insurance, with that "suicide exception" paragraph staring you in the face. Then you have to be creative.

[/color]

You just have to take a different policy. In the Netherlands, death by suicide is generally covered, as long as you wait 2 years before committing it. The only thing you need is patience. ::

Archived