Student Visa - Australia

sidsanuk

Great Joy and Delight :-)))

My GF in BKK has got her student visa to study in Australia. The application process was not easy and we were worried that although she met all the criteria, that she still might not get it. You hear so many horror stories about visas.

If anyone is in the same position, I would be happy to share our experiences and how we handled the application.

But note.....this was a genuine student visa application for her to study in Australia...not a back door way into the country. If your application is not genuine, you don't stand much chance.

Sid

I would like to hear about your experiences with the Visa application/interview, and What advice you recieved professionally, also what key documentation did you require.

At the moment, Im trying to get some proffessional advice. By the way, is it important to have return tickets already booked for after the studies are over?

[ September 11, 2001: Message edited by: nic ]

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by sidsanuk:

Great Joy and Delight :-)))

My GF in BKK has got her student visa to study in Australia. The application process was not easy and we were worried that although she met all the criteria, that she still might not get it. You hear so many horror stories about visas.

If anyone is in the same position, I would be happy to share our experiences and how we handled the application.

But note.....this was a genuine student visa application for her to study in Australia...not a back door way into the country. If your application is not genuine, you don't stand much chance.

Sid

Exactly right - the advice about immigration wanting to be sure is most definitely incorrect. If she is there on a fiance basis, then you need to apply for a fiance visa, and meet the requirements. If they think she is taking a study / tourist visa for ulterior motives ie to notch up enough time to become eligible for a fiance visa (ie 1 year co-habitation requirement) then you run the risk of being refused. Of course, their primary concern is as to whether or not the applicant will at any stage require financial assistance from the government, and so the tuition fees and 500 000 speak volumes

You may want to look into meanstours co.

they arrange student home study programms for thais.

they seem to have the right connections

( =bribes?)

"500,000 baht in the bank for at least 6 months"

I hope this is not an elaborate plan your gf has to get some baht out of you.

best of luck

WOW 500 000 baht in the bank??????

1 year living together for fiance visa????

fuck nose were you guys get your visa's from but iv never been knocked back and nor has my mate here, and we didnt have the 500 000 for the school fee or for security deposit but as for the fiance visa living together for 1 year is a crock of shit in my own experiences. crazy.gif" border="0crazy.gif" border="0crazy.gif" border="0

Archived