Visa Run at Trat/Ko Kong

(This was probably covered in excruciating detail on the old board....)

After reading through the last topic on overstaying, I've gotten a bit nervous. My 60 day visa (which I've already extended for 30 more days, and I don't think that can be extended any more) expires in 4 days. I'd planned to just overstay 6 days and pay the fine, but now I'm thinking differently.

GF and I want to go to Koh Chaang. I'm thinking we could just go to Trat, which is near the border, and I could then do a same day visa run to Klong Yai (right across from Ko Kong), then I we could head to Ko Chaang, with nothing to worry about.

Any problems with this? Any advise on transport options?

crazy.gif" border="0

Oh, forgot to mention I'm in Pattaya at the moment.

And.... having never done this same day kind of run before, can I really just get stamped out of the country, then go right over to the window for a new 30 day?

So odd... it's like really all the government is interested in is making it inconvient to stay.

I'm not sure if you can get a visa at that border point or not - I got mine at the embassy in Bangkok first. Yes, you can just go staright across and come straight back. I quite liked Ko Kong and it's worth 24 hours, even if you just wander around and have a look.

Stick

I've done it myself many times and am going to be doing it again the latter part of July. You do it just like you were talking about and yes, you can just go across the border, get a Cambodia visa, and then go right back to Thailand. I made a trip report with the logistics of going by bus at http://L4667.tripod.com/Rpt/index.html and I live in Pattaya myself.

Archived