CHANG -- Part 18

JaiGuruDev

I guess I find the BG exceptions. :grinyes:

At one restaurant my TG found a soup was added to our bill and got it removed. :up:

At a seafood restaurant near Hollywood Disco, another TG whipped out her discount card (I did not know she had such a card) to save me 20%. :applause:

At a SC gogo, the dek server got me my 500 baht when the cashier tried the old 1000 baht/ 500 baht switch. :beer:

Sometimes it seems those that tip the most get targeted for the ripoffs and attract the greedier BGs. :dunno:

shygye said:

... or so they think.

The fact is they call in P4P for a reason.

One guy will spend hours badgering a girl to get her to meet him after a bar closes so he can save the cost of a barfine. While another guy will have a few girls at his table, BF all of them, and take the party on the road.

The first guy may be having just as much fun as he is capable of enjoying, but I?d rather party with the second gentleman in our example. But each to their own ability.

And it?s not about throwing money around for the sake of throwing money around.

There are girls, and then there are girls?

Some girls bring a lot to the party, and some don?t.

I don?t mind buying ladydrinks to get to know the girl but if the girl turns on the charm and contributes to ensuring our good time, I feel it?s worth something extra.

I guess I don?t write a lot about the girls that didn?t contribute much to our trip, but there have been some in almost every bar we?ve visited. Maybe they earned a ladydrink and a few coins I don?t care to put in my pocket, but I shouldn?t think a girl that just sits there like a bump on a log has earned a generous tip.

The other thing about tipping is that it is all relative. The tips we hand out in Thailand I believe are appreciated, but in a western strip club they wouldn?t get you anything more than a cold shoulder.

After sitting at GBB for a while, we might buy the girls some snacks from a passing fruit vendor. 20 baht buys a lot of fruit from those guys, and the girls really will appreciate it.

Some people don?t like to tip, but I promise spending 20 baht here or there, now and then won?t hurt a bit. And if performed with a little thought, can have a very positive impact on one?s holiday.

[color:"green"] And it?s not about throwing money around for the sake of throwing money around. [/color]

Well, when you pay the padded bill without trying to get it corrected that is throwing money around. It also means your next bill at that place will be padded even more than last time.:doah:

One guy paid 5 times more than me for the same BG. Doubt he had more fun. Also I am still friends with her and we have a great time together. :hubba:

You could have stayed at the JW Marriott for 4 times the cost of the Nana Hotel. I doubt you would have had more fun. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Actually, having read some of your posts, I?d bet he did have more fun.

Additionally, if the Marriott offered the same benefits that make the Nana Hotel a legend, I?m sure I would have more fun there. But you?re trying to compare apples and oranges.

Back to bill padding?

I believe Morning/Night padded our bill more than once, and in these cases we had multiple reasons for not pursuing it. Other times at other bars we did pursue it. Had things been different this visit at Morning/Night, we may have chosen a different path. But we decided to do what we did for a reason.

When we first realized the bill was padded, we talked a little about it until Hammers pointed out that the bill was still considerably less that what we would pay for a night out at home. It?s funny that no one brought up if we don?t fight the bill, we?ll just make things more expensive for other people. If they had, I?d be willing to be the guys would have had a good laugh.

We?ll be back in a couple weeks, and if we get a padded bill and don?t feel like pursuing it you?re welcome to argue with the bars on our behalf and keep whatever you get back. We also tend to BF more girls than we take back to our rooms, and you can have those too.

• 4 weeks later...

[color:"green"] Actually, having read some of your posts, I?d bet he did have more fun. [/color]

And you would be wrong! :: I just got back from LOS and my TG and I had a great time going to restaurants, discos, etc. You see she did not like the other gent and quoted him a high price. Afterwards he wanted to take her to Phuket, but she refused.

So tell me, will you have a better time if a TG likes you or if a TG tolerates you. :D

As for bill padding, I will not argue or get upset (jai yen). I will point out the error and give them the opportunity to correct the situation. If they correct the bill I will come back to the bar. Otherwise I will stay away and warn others to watch the checkbin. Plenty of bars to choose from that do not ripoff customers. :beer:

Archived