Thai hot dog incident

Hi,

Maybe should be in "Food", ;) but heard this the other night.

Lady bought a hot dog in Los (BKK?), and found a finger in it. :: What she had found, was the tip of a finger, including the nail, which was embedded within the meat. A subsequent investigation lead back to a factory, where it was determined that a female employee had lost it in one of the machines during processing. It was determined that employee's could not retrieve it, and figured it would be well ground up in the manufacturing.

Plant was closed down, but I don't know the exact reason (it may be for more than the obvious one :dunno: ), or for how long.

Anyway, be careful out there! The Thai's I know, usually eat hot dogs cut up, mixed with spices, thrown in a plastic bag (ala 7/11). Anyone else hear of the particulars of this?

HT

I just learned happened in southern Thailand. Plant is now closed, while they do DNA tests, to detirmine if really was workers finger. ::

And it did happen at a 7/11, down there.

HT

HT,

My G/F told me last week of a similar incident but the girl had found it in nam bought at 7/11.Factory manager when interviewed told the media that after the woman had lost the tip of her finger,which fell into the nam mix,he ordered that the mix be diposed of.So it could not be possible that it came from that factory. ::

Urgh...that's put me right off my breakfast. The kids around here eat those hotdog sausages all the time; no bread or mustard or anything. I suppose it's an acquired taste; whether it was a finger they were eating I doubt they'd even know or care.

I sampled one of the Nanaplaza burger guy's wares on Sunday night - and jolly tasty it was too. And for 65 baht he will also give you cheese. A cheeseburger right?

C66 - not a canine dude okay 'C'?

Hi,

Maybe. Was in southern Thailand. But the finger tip made it's way into the hot dog station at 7/1 there. Finger was lost, and let through, to a final product. Could be factory manager is lying his ass off. Factory was closed, and the woman was paid a small amount by company, for her distress. I do not know if factory is back in business.

HT

[color:"red"] 7/11.Factory manager when interviewed told the media that after the woman had lost the tip of her finger,which fell into the nam mix,he ordered that the mix be diposed of.So it could not be possible that it came from that factory.

[/color]

I read in Thairath.com also. A friend of mine found a "jingjok" tail in a groud pork used in noodles once when we were in Thammasart. We told the merchant, she just laughed and gave the friend a fresh bolw of noodle teasing that we should not have minded the extra protein. ::

Jasmine

It could be the same story but two different reports.Yeh it sounds like the manager is trying to save his ass........ ........ I have eaten some strange things over the years,some Ive been aware of others not.But mate, if I came across a human body part in any of it,it would be crossed of the menu for a very long time .:(

Archived