Thai hot dog incident

[color:"red"] It could be the same story but two different reports.Yeh it sounds like the manager is trying to save his ass........ ........ I have eaten some strange things over the years,some Ive been aware of others not.But mate, if I came across a human body part in any of it,it would be crossed of the menu for a very long time .:(

[/color]

I have certain things to look when eating out in Thailand (if I can watch the cook that is). One is looking at the hands, second is how the food is kept, on ice or not, third if the food is already cooked, how long it is sitting there, still warm or not and many other factors such as MSG (which they NEVER tell the truth).

I avoid the merchants with long finger nails for I found colored finger nails in my Phad Thai once :: Also, at Thammasart (actually food place off campus at ThaPrajan, we boycotted a noodleshop where the noodle maker scratched his butt, picked his nose and used the same hand grabbing the noodle.

I actully scolded a merchant in the market in the town where we stayed last Jan. for using bare hands which she used to take money to grab the food and put it into a plastic bag (could have used a utilsil). She was shocked and I apologized and explained later for jumping in so quickly, I bought the food but threw it away. Next day she wore plactic gloves but I never bought anything from her again.

I love to buy the fruit from stands but I could never make myself eat them just like that, have to rinse them under water before eating, have been doing it since I was little, some Thais told me "You think too much". :o

Jasmine

I love to buy the fruit from stands but I could never make myself eat them just like that, have to rinse them under water before eating, have been doing it since I was little, some Thais told me "You think too much".

I ALWAYS do that. Very normal. Even when I buy fruit or vegetables at a supermarket. Lots of hands have been there before yours. Need to wash the dirt off.

People love to touch all before picking one, I don't understand that. I decide and pick, not the other way round. Annoying to see that, makes me want to level them with the floor :)

my Uncle used to work in a meat processing plant in the Midwest ot the USA which provided meat for various fast food chains.

he told me many horror stories of things that went into the meat from sliced off digits and other horrible stuff.

put me off the major chains for Years and still does.

but i have to admit the craving for a messy Big Mac at Waterloo Station sometimes gets the better of me and i have to buy one...... :help:

[color:"red"] People love to touch all before picking one, I don't understand that. I decide and pick, not the other way round. Annoying to see that, makes me want to level them with the floor

[/color]

Very annoying to me too, not only touch though, squeeze the fruits, rubbing them and the worst, I saw, a kid, licking the top of an icecream on a stick and put it back (one of those icecream without wrappings, yuckkk!!!

The latest news today, a DNA proved that the finger belongs to a worker. The factory is temporarily closed. The owner could be charged, max sentence is 2 years and 20,000Baht fine.

My OP, such greed and carelessness should be punished more severely.

I don't eat Thai sausage for years becuase of some chemical in it. Come to think of it, I do check the ground meat carefully even here in the USA.

Jasmine

Hi,

Yes.......but 2 other plants got closed down, as well. 7/11 stopped selling items, so affected them, as well, even though not involved. All in southern Thai.

But is good to know that Thai officials are on it, and it became a concern to them. Hearting to know.

Was impressive DNA testing was so fast, in detirmining results. Thai authorities were all over this, and were very responsive. Good on them!

HT

Archived