Visa requirement for Thai Lady for Penang???

I want to take a trip to Penang later this year with a Thai lady. Is a Thai passport all that is necessary or is a Visa necessary? Any experience??? I have travelled with her to Singapore, etc. with no problems before. Also, if there is a URL which covers countries that Thai nationals can visit with Passport only, please advise.

No problem, she will get an "on arrival" visa for 30 days, FREE, stamped in her passport at immigration.

Depending on your nationality you will get from 30 days to 90 days in yours.

You could try this link for visa queries:- http://www3.travel.com.au/everest/index.cgi?E=bevisreq

[ June 27, 2001: Message edited by: coquetislander ]

I'm not a real big fan of Malaysian attitudes but credit where it is due.The last few times I have been into Malaysia, generally through the land border the Malaysian customs and immigration have been terrific, very pleasant to my Thai lady and generally give the impression of being courteous and helpful. (They should send the Thai immigration guys to the same training course.)

I took a Thai GF with me to Penang in March of this year, via Thai Air. No problem. We did present passports together.

The Penang airport was a dreary place for years. Over the past 18 months, the arrivals/departure area has been entirely rennovated. Along with the facilities facelift, the officials seem to have been told to improve their displayed attitude.

Have a nice trip.

Cheers!

Bangkok Butterfly

She will indeed get a 30 day stamp when entering Malaysia. Be sure to go to immigration together and YOU hand both passports to officer. If she approaches by herself questions will be asked about return tickets and money. We took monthly visa runs from Malaysia all last year, so I am very experienced with Malaysian Immigration. They are very fair, but I would never let my wife go through by herself.

Archived