Bar Girl S-1 (V-1)...

Oh. I'm in the bell tent camp.

I think its more than a habit, more like an obsession. A gambler keeps going back to Vegas because every once in a while he makes a big score. That score has him hooked and he'll spend everything and mortgage the house and leave the wife standing in the driveway trying to get it.

Any moment a 20,000bt customer might walk through the curtain.

Many of the young ones find it exciting and more money than they've ever seen before so they are not in a hurry.

Some of the older ones don't have anything that will pay them remotely as much, so they figure they'll hang on as long as their looks last or they hit the falang jackpot.

Recovery depends so much on their individual personalities, needs, situations, experiences etc etc.

Must be a million answers to this question, but IMHO after 4-6 months "recovery" is a long shot.

Guest lazyphil

Once a girl is out of the bar/country IME they dont look back. Six of the girls who left the same bar (to go overseas) as my mrs about 4 years ago (roughly all at the same time give or take a month) are still out and leading pretty normal lives. Later a cousin of a good friend of mine got wind of LOS via me, went, 2nd girl he met, married and two years on is still with him here, goes to school 4 times a week.

I think it depends upon how much they become addicted to the life, the money etc. and the friendships they build up with the other girls. Also, the reason why they got into it in the first place is very important.

I've seen some girls leave and go back to the jungle because they had made the money they needed in a couple of months to overcome one financial hurdle. Others cannot hack it and leave after a few weeks.

I think that if a girl is somewhat popular, then after a few months of Bt20/30k+ per month, she's going to find it very hard to leave. Maybe taking her out of LOS is the only way to make it work.

Some girls get so fucked up that they cannot be helped for sure. Others work in the game for quite a long time and then find an exit route or just leave and go back to a few thousand a month working in the village. Many cannot go back to hard labour and drift back.

Some lucky ones get out and are happy.

[color:"red"] I've seen some girls leave and go back to the jungle because they had made the money they needed in a couple of months to overcome one financial hurdle. Others cannot hack it and leave after a few weeks.

[/color]

I have met a couple of women in the late 20s here who worked, as you said just to overcome the financial hardship and went home. One of them is with a Thai family from Isaan in a restuarant here and goes to school and expecting to go back to her kids in Thailand.

I feel that the past can be a lesson learnt and this 2 women did not want to be prostitutes, however, they told me that this is a rare case. Most women get stuck (their opinion) and cannot go back to hard labor. In any case, these women had the determination not to stay in prostitution, sadly not all women know what they want or not want to do. :(

Jasmine

Archived