Swimming

Torneyboy

Hi

Our son born and raised at the floating markets of Bangkok.

Friday the local school had the first of many Friday swim sessions for the school at our local pool.

All put into the 25 metre pool first to see what they could do...then off to the olympic sized pool for the "advanced" swimmers!

He went through to the ""big "" pool :bow:

Not a big surprise as such....his comments after coming home.

I swim all day at "home"..BKK...and free!!...why do i have to pay Aud$3 to swim here?

::

Bring on the inter school comps!!

God for him :)

My wife?s ?son?, according to my wife loved to swim. He goes to ?the mall? once a week. My wife could also swim, or so she claimed.

So when coming to BKK, I took the youngster to the hotel pool, and he went down like a brick of stone. Apparently he could only swim in knee deep water or something like that.

I tried teaching him to swim, but there were absolutely no way he could come even close. I stay afloat by just berating in some air, and can?t sink if I tried to, but this little fellow went down faster than I could drag him up.

When I finally got my wife in the water, and that was not easy as she was shy about using a bikini (full top / boxer pants), and was scared of getting a tan, she pretty much went down to. I asked her if she had not said that she could swim, and she said she had forgotten how to. Yea right.

I mean going to the mall one day in the week and not being able to swim?

My girl loves the water. Sitting on the beach in Pattaya one day she says she wants to go for a swim. We had forgot our Hard Rock card (annual, allows use of pool, discounts on food etc.) so we go into the Marriott from Beach Road. Sign a room number I know exists for some towels and have an nice afternoon.

After seeing some girls balk at going out in the sun or even hating the water, it was a refreshing change to see her fully at ease and enjoying the pool.

Only problem now is that she wants a condo with a pool (a hotel will do).

Archived