A Midight Fart

Nervous_Dog

I can remember the first time the baby intentionally farted, she didn't stop giggling for 10 minutes, and almost gave herself a hernia trying to do it again. I guess living with me, farting becomes a way of live, part of the rich tapestry and aroma of being in my presence.

Lying in bed last night, trying to get the baby to sleep, she never stops chatting.

When we turn off the lights she yells in Thai ?Mai Bit Dar, Mai bit Dar? Don?t turn off the eye?s, don?t turn off the eye?s.

A cute little expression, then she runs around the flat, turning on lights by dragging chairs against walls.

Very frustrating.

So we are in bed, and I have eaten a few odd things today, at last everyone is asleep, wife, baby, the nephew and niece and some other orphan from the village my wife has adopted for the holidays (With a great scar on her stomach where she was accidentally shot as a 8 year old and given up for dead!)

The sound of gentle breathing everywhere (I haven?t started snoring yet)

So I let of the tiniest, quietest, little teenie fart, just a little one, no noise.

?Bloodly HELL? screams the wife struggling for air, (And I am impressed at her sudden gasp of the English language) . The baby bursts into tears, people in other room yell ?What?s the problem.

?Daddy Kee, Daddy KEE!? yells my baby, daddy shits daddy shits, ?Go hong nam daddy go hong nam? (Go toilet go toilet) she starts to cry again, Open Eyes Burt Dar, talking and mixing her English and Thai.

I am forced to leave the bedroom, takes an hour to get everyone back to sleep.

And it was just a quiet little fart I tell you!

Archived