Will the 'hiso" family step in?

MrX

[color:"red"]He got axed because of being a foreigner and the family being snobs. The girl held out for awhile because she was smitten, but her Dad was yelling at her everynight calling her names

[/color]

That is the way some parents show that they CARE for their children. My father warned me about marrying foreigners (when I was only 14), about the differences of race, religion and so on. My father was a policeman who got killed when I was only 16 and he had American and British friends, went to school in England, not ignorant about "farnags". And my mother was very concern when I received the scholarship to come to USA and did warn me about any relationship with men, Thais or not. :D

Parents are concern about the children's future spouses, just the matter of degrees. I cared who married my daughter, not that I ran her life, it is just a duty of a mother/parent.

I took my parents advice and watched who I had contacts with, and I learnt that no matter what race or religion is, humen have similar qualities. I still do watch who I have contacts with nowadays.

Jasmine

[color:"red"] Go back a bit in history. And farangs got axed from assignment abroad for being with Thai girls also! Never mind class of girl, all were same for the company.

[/color]

A friend of mine was a long-time expat in many countries. He told me about the rules of the companies he used to work with. Not only Thailand, there are many other countries where the companies do not want their employees associate with the "locals".

Jasmine

When in Hong Kong, there was an undercurrent against close liaisons with local HK girls - not P4P. It didn't bother me what people thought but it was certainly more noticeable than in Japan where I felt nothing of the sort.

Perhaps there is always a waryness of 1st world people being exploited by 3rd world people in order to gain access to the 1st world. Maybe that's why Tokyo was different.

[color:"red"] Can you blame that on parents? She was 28 yrs old when she choosed that, and choosed it for her sons. Her parents did not like it, what could they do? She was left with 2 sons - [/color]

The comany I retired from thought about recruiting me to BKK and asked about the Thai family. I just told them bluntly that I would visit my mother often. After that no such recruitment ever mentioned again :)

Jasmine

Archived