Bahrain???

japio1

I have been offered a position in Bahrain and wonder if any of you guys is living there now or lived there in the recent past?

I know ist is a reasonably liberal country and that some sanuk can be found relatively easily. Would appreciate some more in depth info. Other info I am looking for is things like the cost of living etc. I will most likely get free flights on Gulfair, so easy to get out when it gets too claustrofobic.

Any info welcome. Thanks.

I am in Bahrain every weekend.

There is plenty of sanuk available.

Lots of Thai birds.....you can spend a lot or not so much

As for cost of living it all depends on how you live.

What is your package?

Is accommodation included?

You could live on 200Bds a month not including accommodation or you could spend a lot more.

Zorro,

package will include housing, car etc. + a 1x,xxx USD salary tax free/month. Possibly it will also include free flights on Gulfair.

Where can the sanuk scene be found? Is it concentrated in the 5 star hotels? or are there other options too? What about farang style food etc? Easily available?

What is the exchange rate USD?

Thanks for your help.

I had to laugh when you mentioned availability of western food.

Bahrain is not on Mars.

There are all the usual KFCs Maccas Wendys etc along with zillions of hotels that serve western style food.

As for girls they are not hard to find at all.

Every 3 star hotel has gals.

There are also freelancer joints like Wrangler, Rock Bottom and Formula One which are all in hotels.

My favourite is The Al Bustan Hotel which has lots of gorgeous Thai gals.

If the gals know you are a newbie they will try to rip you off.

Short time is usually 20-30 bds but some gals get more and wont budge.

LT is 50bds up for quality.

If you are a budget man you can go to the Bar Bahrain Hotel near KFC for 10bd ST plus 10BD for the room.

As you are going to live in Bahrain you can get gals numbers that you like and freelancers would be best here and get them over on week nights for a cheaper rate.

.375= 1 BD

• 2 weeks later...

I have spent a few months in Bahrain. I ca agree on the prices quoted. The LT prices were always too much for me, and they really wouldn't budge on price. I think I usually paid 30 bd for a ST. It was mostly eastern European women. It was pretty much wham bam thank you mam. Lets hurry up and get finished. The Seef mall is pretty modern and in 2002 they were building another a few kilos from there. They have awesome movie theaters. The Seef district is pretty modern as for food and shopping, but not much Sanuk. Also the cabs will try to get you for 3bd, its is only 2 bd anywhere except for long distance, like from the military base area to the Seef district, which is 3 bd, but you can try, good luck. The discos there are pretty good. Didn't notice any girls on the p4p scene. I was in the navy back then, and with all of the curfews and such for them, there shouldn't be much competition from them. I used to break curfew and hang out at the Baizon Tower(Best Western) coffe shop. Hopefully this helps a bit.

ZMAN

Things have changed a bit since 2002.

There are a lot of Thai gals around these days in Bahrain and once you get to know them a bit they will give you a decent shag.

Prices are as mentioned but you can bargain especially with freelancers

Zman is right about the taxi drivers they will try to rip you off everytime. They are a real pain.

There are some real hot freelancers around at Wranglers , Rock Bottom and F1. I would be looking at these gals for fun.

• 2 months later...

One good thing about Bahrain is the flights go out to Thailand every single night for 200 BD (533 USD) with Gulf Air.

Flight time approx 7 hours

At the moment they are doing a special package. 185 bd (492 USD) including 3 nights accommodation

As Zorro said there is Sanuk everywhere.

Things have changed in the last couple of years. The Baisan Hotel and the Baisan Tower coffee shop are not as popular as they used to be. (They were mainly Other Arabs and East Europeans). Thai girls can be found just about anywhere now.

The cost of living depends on How you want to live.. but most expats live in the Badiya or SAR district paying anything from 800 USD - 1000 USD a month for decent accommodation (Thats a single 1 bedroom apartment in a compound with a swimming pool and security)

Does you company not pay your accomm for you.

I have been here for 23 years now so if there is anything in particular you want to ask go ahead.

Archived