Vocab help

Pai 'bone' gone mai?

Taxi driver saying this to me when looking at girls on the street. What does 'bone' mean? I assumed it was like 'decide', buti thought 'bone' meant 'complain'. Different tone?

i do not know any word in thai close to bon/bone that would mean anything in connection with decide. decide in thai means tatsinchai.

bon beside complain can also mean up (pai bon=go up; actually better pai kang bon) (same tone and same writing as bon complain. what the taxidriver meant in connection to your girls watching i will leave to you to :neener:

>pai baan gan mai>>

<<<<yeah, i guess the driver was saying "pai baan gan mai", which literally means: go home together ?

dunno, does that make sense in your context?>>>>>>>

Sounds correct, to a newbie like me, given the context.

Who thought I would even be commenting on this, 2 years ago? I was asking what "sawatdee"meant? Of course, I'm probably totally wrong in my translation, but I have fun trying. :D (don't take my word for anything here. :) )

HT

Hi Snakehead,

>>>>No need to put yourself down, you have come a long way in these 2 years.

I do recall your initial questions on the language board.<<<

This is my favorite forum. :) Not many tread here, but the one's that do, truly go out of their way, to give of themselves, such as yourself. And that has always been deeply apprieciated by me. I've learned a great deal here, and am still doing so.

Thanks guys! (you too, Jasmine). Both for your patience, and all your time. You all really do provide a great service. I just wanted to thank all of you. Everyone in this little forum, has been an enormous help to me. :up:

HT

Archived