Business Thai style?

jasmine

An article in ?Kulstree?, written by a doctor on September, 2004.

A female patient (we will call her ?Ms. Bis? here) with diabetes who lives over 150 Kilometers, far away from the hospital normally came to see him once a month. After seeing this patient over 6 months, she asked whether he can prescribed a 90 day supplies of medicine so she did not have to come in every month. The doctor agreed and somehow the patient showed up every 40 days or so asking for medicine claiming that she lost them, once she claimed she dropped the whole bag of medicine in a well accidentally. ::

The doctor kept on prescribing her the medicine and then one day and every time the blood tests are run, her diabetes does not get any better. One day a woman came to see him asking for medicine for diabetes. He did examination and prescribed. She went to pick them up and came right back to him saying ?Please give me the same medicine you gave to Ms Bis, I have been buying them from her, they worked but Ms. Bis sells them quite expensively.?

So the poor doctor found out that Ms. Bis has been doing the business of selling the prescribed drug that is why she has needs for more medicine and her diabetes does not improve.

I don?t understand this bull habit of some Thais. I saw some cheese with an airline brand for sale in a market once. I asked whether the merchant got it from the airline. She said with a smile, ?it is a way that the stewardesses make extra money, stealing them and sell them to us.? ::

During the Vietnam War era, many PX items were on the market, most of them were stolen goods. During WW II, Japanese camps got robbed blind and some articles even said that these robbers were doing a good deed by keeping the Japanese upset.

Any thoughts on this issue?

:banghead: :banghead:

>>>During WW II, Japanese camps got robbed blind and some articles even said that these robbers were doing a good deed by keeping the Japanese upset.<<<

i know an anciant naklaeng veteran, old school, who was involved in that business during WW2. he is full of great stories of honor and fighting and guns and prisons and godfathers. ::

Welcome to the real world Jas.

This is common throughout the world, be it medicines, or Airline goodies......... Why did they eliminate the little 'Airline Bottles' from most flights? I attended many a party fully stocked by the Airline of choice.

Employee theft, from the smallest one taking fan belts at the warehouse, to the cook feeding his friends, people selling their prescriptions, corporate execs, management companies, auditors, etc. All this is commonplace throughout every industry, in every country. The honest employee or employer is the rarity, and to many standards, the fool.

That's business everywhere. Thailand is by no means the worst.... think Russia, Africa.........think 7-11, Walmart. :devil:

Yesterdays point in question, went to a downtown Ramada, their meter in the paybparking lot was broken (Has been 9 times out of ten over the last 6 months. Went in to complain to the front desk clerk, he apologised and sold me a day parking pass for half price......... no way he put that cash in the accounts. so he does that ten times a shift (easy) and makes his days wages in cash.

Hi,

I am aware of certain things people take from the office, I took a stapler once because the one at home did not work and I did returned it though.

What we are seeing here is the opportunity to sell what she received (medicine) from the doctor in her 30 Baht card. And there is stupid people who buys from her too. I am confused! :(

Jasmine

Archived