Thais are afraid to rock the boat and end up lying

jasmine

[color:"red"]Why? he's the boss and I am the employee. Why should he need to lie to me?. I suppose in general its "I can't be bothered to deal with this" or "I don't want you to have this". Frankly, over the years I have completely lost respect for him. Lying about matters that are trivial, or can be easily checked on is just stupid. [/color]

Most of you know that I have never worked in Thailand. The info. I have is from friends and my brother and just from articles and personal observation. I don't get it, why trivial thing, is lying become a habit?

It is scary to me thinking that I have to put a grain of salt of every word a Thai say. I am ashamed of myself really when I do that, even though I have had bad experience with serious lies with the Thais I have met. :(

I have a habit of avoiding words that will hurt people but I sure try not to lie.

Jasmine

[color:"red"]This is a clear contradiction to the observation above.

The only explanation I have is that Thai accept lies in public but within their family/relationship they prefer to know the truth rather than being told a lie.

It is one of the mysteries I guess I will probably never fully understand.

[/color]

I think you are right, however, most of my TGF say that men lie and my male TF say women lie.

What my point from the original post was that many females are brought up to create certain illusion and many of them ended up lying.

For example, a friend of mine is keeping an ex-BG now who was very afraid to tell him that she had a Thai husband because she did not want him to be upset. :: For me, that is a big lie.

One Thai GF, after 25 yrs. of being married found out that her husband has a child of 15 with one of his "flings", he no longer has the affair but the child was left with the poor grand mother up country. The story ends well because my GF does not have a child so she and her husband (the child's father") adopted him. In this case, my GF never had an idea and the husband told me that he didn't know how to tell ::

I have met many Thais here who lie on nothing important at all.

Jasmine

Archived