Making a live concert dvd into a cd

soongmak

Hi,

a friend asked me to copy a concert dvd for him, so that he is able to listen to the concert in his car. I have copied it, but now I am stuck with a 70 min. wav-file. Is it possible to put indexpoints in the file or cd without actually cutting up the wav-file? What I mean is that cutting up the file interrupts the flow of the concert, but not being able to skip a song is a bitch. Any solutiions out there?

Thanks!

Hii Carlton,

I have looked at Nero Wav-editor, but the only way to put indexes in a cd seems to be cutting up the files, and it interrupts the flow of the live concert, something I find even more annoying as not being able to skip forward. I have chosen not to put indexes in the cd, as my searches on the internet prooved fruitless. Thanks for the help though. :beer:

Cheers,

soongmak

There is another software that is a freeware project and not 100% finished. Called Exact Audio Copy.

It's possible to split audio files (or better it will create a cue-sheet that marks where the split will be) and then when burning the files on CD you can set the gap between songs to 0. So it should be possible to get your Live CD with track marks but without breaks. Only you will need some time to set up EAC and get to know the program.

I had the problem myself but was too lazy to try.

Archived