Priceline hotels in Bangkok - any recent news ?

torrenova

Just browsing and I see that we haven't had many stories about hotel bookings using Priceline recently. So if any have used, or failed to secure a deal, please post up.

As of the last reckoning, the JW Marriott, Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit and the Westin Grande Sukhumvit were the 5* choices in the Sukhumvit area.

I know prices have been escalating after the glory years of Gulf Wars and SARS etc. but it would be interesting to hear from any recent attempts.

That bidding for travel site is shit. Not enough relevance to Bangers and Sukhumvit and the moderator makes the boys on here look like babies with dummies in their mouths.

Again, what clown adds riverside to a Suk bid if he wants Suk ? Should have got the Holiday Inn to fuck him off.

Also, most posts are through the USA site. What about the UK or HK sites ?

Anyone going direct to priceline these days and bypassing the bidding stuff ?

When you use bidding for travel. com, you do bid through Priceline. Bidding for Travel is just a site where people can look up and see what bids are sucessful and which ones were not. You don't actually bid on Bidding for travel.com. You are right, however, that I haven't seen anyone mention the Hongkong Priceline site in quite a long while.

Thats the problem. Either no-one books through Sin or HK or no-one reports their findings.

JW is my usual. So at HKD 650 + 17.7% per day +HKD 75 = HKD 1605 = GBP 112 or USD 206.

Staying only one day would be more at HKG 840.05 = GBP 58 = USD 108.

That is no points, no tier points and no breakfast. Book on www.marriott.com and pay from USD99++

5* value is in the HKD 400-500 range.

I tried Priceline about two weeks ago with intent to book JW on Sukh. and it went well. First attempt wasn't accepted [$65US] I then tried again at 5*/ $75 US and was accepted. My bid was for a 4 day stay [if that makes any difference] at a 5* and JW is what I got.

Hope that helps.

Cheers!

I have been negotiating a price with Priceline Hong kong for rooms The First and second week of January. I started off at $550 HK per night for a 5* in Nana Area or River side trying to get Shangri-la or Jw Marriott. I am now up to $650 HK and still not accepted. They have e-mailed me to tell me to bid $668 for a 5* in Siam Square, $693 for a 5* in Sukhumvit, or $315 for a 4* in Riverside or Siam. These prices seem to be good compared to internet prices available.

Does anyone know what hotels they use for these offers ?

Archived