Pattaya - Dynasty resort or similiar ?

OCgringo

Anyone been to Dynasty resort in Pattaya ?

I am staying at Dynasty BKK so can get at least one free transfer , not sure if I have to pay for her?

Or is there something similiar at about the same price 1000-1200 baht a night

not too worried about being in the nightlife area, more interested in the "resort" part

thanks for your advise

OC

Yes, but not stayed there. My former GF stayed there regularly with her Brit BF.

When we amicably broke up, she went there with her BF. I was also on my way to Pattaya, staying somewhere else, when I found she packed my phone charger, so I went there to pick it up. Never saw the rooms, but the downstairs was OK, good breakfast. Bit away from the main acyion, but nothing a cab can't fix. i like the shuttle service, takes the hassle out of arranging things.

Enjoy.

I stayed at the Dynasty Resort last year. Very nice rooms for the price. There are also small bungalows available which are situated close to a large and very nice swimming pool. The bungalows are great if you are bringing kids along with the GF. The staff is friendly and helpful.

The first time I stayed there I was solo and found it to be too far away from the action. It is situated on the hill between Pattaya and Jomtien, about a 10 minute songtau ride between both. I transfered to the Dynasty Inn on Soi 13, Pattaya which is also very nice and closer to the action. My only complaint is that the pool is miniscule.

Later that year I returned to the Dynasty Resort with a GF and her two kids. The bungalow at the Dynasty resort was perfect and they loved it. The staff even helped to arrange for a baby sitter so we could hit the town for a night.

Decide whether you want to be close to action, or prefer a more quiet and relaxed location. Both are guest friendly. I.D. cards are requested from the girls, but they are treated respectfully.

David

Don't be wowed by a free transfer which can be a sardine squash. Get the bus if you're economising.

Resort is way out, pool at Soi 13 Dynasty is like a footbath. Have a look at Naklua if you are considering out of town.

Anyway, what is it about a "resort" which you want / require ?

Have not stayed at the Dynasty Resort, but have stayed at the BKK Dynasty and the one on Soi 13 in Pattaya. Yes, they will give you a free ride if you prepay for a minimum two night stay. Only tried their shuttle service once from Pattaya back to BKK and it was dreadful.

The minivans air-conditioning didn?t work (August heat) and one of the tires had a not so slow leak which required the driver to stop four or five times to replenish the air.

Taking the bus would have been a much better option. If you are in BKK I think the best deal is to just book a ride through the travel service in the lobby of the Nana hotel, it?s only 200B or so.

BTW, I think the Dynasty Resort will cost you much more than the 1000-1200 a night you mentioned.

ST

thanks for the advise....

"Resort" not a block building hotel with a tiny pool stuck somewhere.

Someplace with a litle more area , a decent size pool that you might want to sit around , little traffic noise......

I know Dynasty "Resort" is really stretching the word,

but at least its not just a big block hotel downtown.

OC

The only time I have visited Pattaya, I stayed at the Lek hotel on Soi 13 - across the soi from the Dynasty Hotel. Close to the nightlife, medium size pool (not crowded - good for lounging), nice breakfast buffet, decent rooms in the new section, cheap rooms in the old section, and totally guest friendly - they sell condoms in the mini bar.

From all reports, the Residence Garden is also nice, but not really a Garden setting. I am staying there this trip and can add my views to the Board.

The Areca Lodge also looks like a place that may meet your preferences.

same as above - I stayed there and it depends what you want.

If its close to the action then its not for you. if its a nice quite chill out break - with the chance to go somewhere ( Pattaya or Jomtien ) if you want to then its pretty damm good. I stayed in the main building and it was really nice.

The shuttle from bkk was in one of those minibus vans and i was the only one on it - i dont think crowding will be a problem unless you come in high season.

I have stayed at the Dynasty resort 3 times. I have taken the shuttle from the dynasty BKK. I believe the price is still just a touch under 1000.

I usualy stay there just the two nights and move on after that. I find the fact that it is away from the action to be both a blessing and a bit of a pain. I always rent a scooter so its no big deal to drive up there. I find that after being in the big city its a great place to have a bit of fresh air and quiet. The rooms are large and very well maintained. The pool is fantastic, very large and always crystal clear. The manager runs a tight ship and the staff is very responsive. They are also very good with you bringing guests. There is no sense of a walk of shame at all. For me its like taking a bit of a vaction from my vacation.

?From all reports, the Residence Garden is also nice, but not really a Garden setting. I am staying there this trip and can add my views to the Board.?

I?ve stayed at the Residence Garden and if you get the special rate (think I paid 1350B) it is indeed a real bargain. Nice living room with modern kitchen, excellent TV, the balcony has a great view and has its own table and chairs which makes an enjoyable breakfast setting. Separate bedroom is standard, and again is nicely furnished with its own quality TV. The large pool is in front of the hotel and I would describe the layout around the pool as being a garden setting. There is also a restaurant out there and the location is nice and quiet.

Sounds pretty good eh? Well, it is but the problem is its location. It?s just too damn far off the beaten path for me, but if you have a special girl you want to spend a few days with and just kick back and relax its perfect.

Me, I like to be closer to the action, still I would consider staying there again.

ST

Archived