Isaan meets West

Mentors

flyonzewall said:

farang often come here with certain stereotypes of thai women that are far from true (the loving, caring and submissive thai women). rarely they do care that much about adapting, or even learning about thailand and its problems beyond the picturesque "LOS", not to speak of trying to learn the language.

I have a friend who "fell in love" with the second woman he met in Thailand. Last year he met me and my wife in Bangkok for dinner to introduce us to his beloved.

During dinner she told my wife (in Thai) that she was only with him for his money and that she had a husband at home, whom she introduced to my friend as her brother. Afterwards I told him what she had said but he refused to believe it!!! I have known this guy for 20 years, we work together. :(

Now he is in the process of bringing her home on a fiance visa. BTW, he's no kid, probably 60 and she's around 40, I guess.

The guy is not rich and he is spending plenty in her village already. Home improvements, new livestock, motorscooter, etc. I think, if he's lucky, he will tap out quickly and she will drop him. If they do get married in the States, I fear for his life. I do feel sorry for this guy. :dunno:

if you want to try to discuss that out with and angry man with little education whose wife has just left him for the money - than good luck to you. and don't forget to tell me where that discussion will take place so i can pick up your corpse

----------------------

granted he'd speak english or french and I'd have any inkling of discussing, which i don't. It's their country, it's his life, i'd be presumptuous to tell him what to do. All i am saying this type of situation has been in the making for decades and there have been no farangs elected to offices in Thailand, neither kamnans, so in first and last resort: thai/thai stuff.

PS: you really have a fascination with death and violence. It all seems you made that paragraph just to end up putting the word corpse (and a farang too, yeeppee! ::) in it.... :doah::dunno:

CondomKing said:

During dinner she told my wife (in Thai) that she was only with him for his money and that she had a husband at home, whom she introduced to my friend as her brother.

What is it with Thai girls and openness. If my wife meet a new Thai girl, they can exchange something like five words, and my wife knows everyting.

"She is going to leave the husband the next time their in Thailand, after he buys her a house that is...."

Who would tell someone they don't know this?

MightyMouse said:

I saw Thai man, half crazed on alchol, go around saying he was going to kill falangs. Reason: his wife went to Pattaya to work as a prostitute serving falangs. I could understand why he was angry.

He will stop to be angry when the first money check comes to him!

Quiet shure ::

check_bin_krap said:

I think - in 10 yrs time you will be reading about this when it comes to Viet Nam also. Heck, anyone with money whould invest it in tourist infrastructure there. It will pay off big time.

Till now i thought always that it is not so easy to marry a Viet lady, cause about the family spirit. I know three Viet girls who grow up in my hometown - all three are married to Viet guys.

But time, culture and money changes :dunno:

Archived