Marriott Resort & Spa Bangkok

adanac

Really nice hotel....on the other side of the river, a little remote, but they have a hotel river taxi that runs continously, takes 15min to get to Saphan Taksin (BTS and river taxi). Advantage is the peace & quiet, which you can really appreciate sometimes. Rooms are very nice, hard to fault hotel in general. Last time I was there with my wife, but saw several gents with companions, none had problems entering the hotel.

carew66 said:

Thanks also Follies. I am staying at this place next weekend and having looked at it on the net and seen its location I was wondering...

I may even do a report on the joint.

Only one joint per weekend now, is it? :drunk: You cutting down? :(

A report of the hotel would be nice, too. :)

jack :help:

Stayed here many times and for the price (as low as US$40-45 through Priceline in low season) it is very hard to beat.

Rooms are a decent size with all the mod cons. I always enjoy sinking a few beers on the balcony while taking in the view. Request a room looking UP the river.

The place a has a relaxed garden feel to it with a huge pool, jacuzzi, etc.

Don't miss the breakfast, will fill you up for the day.

The sunset cruise (750 baht) with drinks and snacks is a great way to start a night out before boating it over to the Shangri La to the Thai restaurant on the water.

Only downer for me with this place is the Internet. No cafes nearby (place across the road went tits up) and the "high-speed executive room" is a rip off.

I bitched to the manager about this last time so who knows it may have improved. The again...

My favourite place to stay in Bankok if not out on the prowl each evening. that said, no problems with guests - remember good hotels don't give you no shit.

Roppongi is right about breakfast - if included do not miss.

I've stayed there loads of times and put Roppongi onto it a while back. The pool is the best and large. It makes the Shangri-La's look small.

Boat ride (free water and towels) to Saphan Taksin is great and beats the taxis in rush hour to almost anywhere.

Restaurant at Shangri-La that Roppongi was on about is Salathip.

I have just booked this hotel through Priceline for January 6 to 10 @ HKD 315 per night and on January 16 to 21 @ HKD 361 per night. Arrangements can be made over the phone if you want a specific hotel call Fion Lam @ (852) 3192-0665

A great deal less than $60 US per night in high season

Cheers FJ! I cannae comment on the chronic...!

One thing chaps - if I escape from my obligations at the hotel to dash over to see LaoHuli, ChrisG et al. then I suppose I will have to get a taxi back there. Is this a pain, what with the hotel being o'er the water? (This is like, a daft question in a way. If I'm stuck over at Soi 3/4/5/7/33 after midnight it's gonna cost me an arm and a leg innit?). Any experiences or advice?

Archived