A suggestion for the severely jaded

gobbledonk

Hi All,

For those of you who have become disillusioned with Thai nightlife, why not take a break and see some of the *rest* of SE Asia ? For that matter, go to India, or Sri Lanka, or China.

No, you wont have the same access to cheap sex, but it may be the break that some of us (seem to) need from Thailand.

Cheers,

Artie

artiew said:

Hi All,

For those of you who have become disillusioned with Thai nightlife, why not take a break and see some of the *rest* of SE Asia ? For that matter, go to India, or Sri Lanka, or China.

No, you wont have the same access to cheap sex, but it may be the break that some of us (seem to) need from Thailand.

Cheers,

Artie

there is a simple answer for that: when someone's only objective to come to asia is cheap pussy (oh, sorry, "temples", "beaches" and the "friendly people" ;) ) and a comfortable life then countries such as india and china are hardly the places to go.

You ever see any Animal House type movies where they're having a wild party and one little nerdy guy walks in and tries to get them to do something dull and educational?

You remember what always happens to that guy?

Do we ever barge into Arts and Culture and roar "WHAT'RE YOU NERDS DOING IN HERE? LET'S GET OUT AND PARTY!!!"? :beer::drunk:

:dunno:

Get a Palm Tree and the latest Video game

LHL and Bibblies,

Thanks for the jibes, ladies, but I have put my money where my mouth is and taken the time to visit Asian countries other than Thailand. I admit that my current circumstances mean that I wont be going anywhere this Xmas (shit time to travel, anyway), but I hope to get to Malaysia in the New Year.

LHL, I know that you have an extensive travel resume, so I'm surprised at your reaction, good-natured as it may be. I'm not trying to *dictate* anyone's holiday plans, but it gets a little repetitive to read:

- how repressive the current regime is in relation to nightlife

- how mercenary many of the bars / girls have become

- how things are nothing like they were in 1970/1980/1990/2000

As other posters have pointed out, if you want to bonk yourself senseless and party till 5am, go to South America. If you live in Thailand, I imagine that you've long since found entertainment beyond the usual Farang haunts, so whats the problem ?

Artiew,

The reason you find,

- how repressive the current regime is in relation to nightlife

- how mercenary many of the bars / girls have become

- how things are nothing like they were in 1970/1980/1990/2000 ,

on the board is because it is a Thailand board named after a certain nightspot. :doah:

Archived