A place for a 'quiet' beer?????

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>Asok plaza is the place!

LOL. Aye, although to be fair, it is probably still noisy. One of my big beefs in Thailand is the level of "ambient noise". Its EVERYWHERE. Can guarantee most nights that even in my what should be quiet, suburban soi, there will be some arsehole with his CD player blaring away.

On the subject of asok, two nights ago I was taking a cab from nana to cowboy, when the cab driver informed me that "Cowboy closed by police".....(as we went past asok he pointed it out to me, and said "see..closed"......).

-j-

....but have you ever met a taxi driver in BKK that knows where any place is??? To him Cowboy and Asok are the same place but to us they are not.....

I walked along Soi 23 last night and there are still two bars open in the middle of this wasteland sitting on their own in the middle of nothing else. You have to enter thru the fence to get to them......bizarre but yes it was quiet.

uniformguy

Was just in the pub last night at shift change over with 4 hotties behind the bar at the same time. :: Unusual for a British pub. Especially a fairly placid place that serves real ale. Got to thinking that wouldn't it be good to have a library type pub where hot chicks serve the drinks. Sometimes you get a bit cheesed off with the same chit chat from buddies about past glories that I'd much rather stay in with a book. However, if a book, beer and birds could all be blended together then that would be just perfect. You know have a sip of your booze, read a couple of paragraphs and diddle. :o

Don't think this helps you as just a thought and don't expect you'd find a "sex library" in Bangers. :(

Archived