When to pop the cork??

dddave

My EVA flight departs Newark close to midnight, Dec 30, and arrives in Bangkok close to noon on Jan 1, via Seattle and Taipai. Somewhere over the Pacific we cross the dateline, but it will already be hours into Jan. 1. If I stay on New York time, New Years will be just after I land, but what fun is that? Just when do I pull out the Champaigne and start blowing the noisemaker?? I know there are those of you who will suggest on the hour, every hour, just to be safe, but I have neither the luggage space nor the liver for such an endeavor. Do aircraft run on GMT (Zulu time) when in the air, as in the military?

There must be a scientific solution to this, I don't want to enter 2005 without proper ceremony, it might mean really bad karma for the ensuing year, besides, it might be the only time I ever have an excuse to plant a wet one on a un-suspecting FA.

Christ; was Y2K really five years ago????

David

Right, it gives time at both the point of departure and arrival, but not for the current position, and therein lies the question.

I don't want to go to all the trouble of making an ass out of myself, running up and down the aisles making funny noises, only to have some twit say "Ya missed it by two hours, mate"

Archived